Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Round A

Options
  • 20-06-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Any ideas what date CAO Round A is out? all I know is that it is early july sometime.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

The information I was given is that it should be around the 5th/6th/7th of July people will hear if they got a place or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

The nursing form says 7th July at 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Angelique

Thought Id revive this thread seeing that we will find out Wednesday coming at 6 am if we have an offer or not.

Nearly there now. Excited and nervous. Praying to the Gods to keep the scores in last year's region. That would be great ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Cant wait for Wednesday. Seems ages ago since I applied. Those past 6 months have just flown by.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Angelique

These last few days are sure dragging though LOL

Where and what have you applied for? I am going for general in trinity (Adelaide) for my first choice. Am hoping my 174 points are enough to get that. Good luck Macca :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nukinfuts

Angelique wrote: »
    These last few days are sure dragging though LOL
    They really are - I'm obsessed with the CAO website at this stage - and analysing all of the details I've given! agh, I just want to know now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Do you find out on the cao website if you got an offer or do you have to wait for them to post something out to you?

Not 100% sure - but I'm assuming it will appear on our application details online and we'll get a letter. Maybe CAOman can answer that one for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Hating this waiting period! Just want to know myself. First choice is to return to college but after a... well, not a great interview.. has me worried.

Best of luck to everyone waiting on their Round A offers!

Don't worry about it, my interview (and everyone that was ahead of me when I arrived) lasted about 10 mins max (if even) and they asked me 3 q's!So all my prep seemed like a complete waste of time, and I came out of it even more unsure about getting a place than I was going in. Seemed like it was more of a formality than anything else. Anyway!roll on Wednesday! EEK!
    and best of luck all :)

• Advertisement

deceit wrote: »
    Do you find out on the cao website if you got an offer or do you have to wait for them to post something out to you?

Log into your CAO at 6am on 7th July & if you have an offer it will be there. No doubt this forum will have loads of people online at that time (myself included) if you are having problems finding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Angelique wrote: »
    Where and what have you applied for? I am going for general in trinity (Adelaide) for my first choice. Am hoping my 174 points are enough to get that. Good luck Macca :)

I've applied for multimedia in Dundalk and Creative Digital Media in Blanchardstown. Only had to do an interview in Dundalk. Didn't do all that well though :o But I live in hope, one or the other is going to happen, otherwise I'm lost as to what to do with myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

If you log into your cao application today a section has appeared on the page ready for offers. It currently reads no offers are avilable to you at this time. If you get an offer on Wednesday then it will be there.

Offers are being posted out tomorrow and will be should be with everyone Wednesday but you can log into the CAO website from 6am to see them first!!

Best of luck to everyone!!!!

sassypsych wrote: »
    but you can log into the CAO website from 6am to see them first!!
    !
    Just want to say on this that my boyfriend was just speaking to the CAO office, and the girl said the letters are issued out tomorrow to arrive on Wednesday and that it will appear online at 12 (am or pm - I don't know) so just incase you go on at 6am and nothing appears you'll know why!

The CAO website says 6am when you log in though.

I know, the info online confused me completely because it also says mature applicants receive their offers on the 5th August - but when we rang to check she said mature applicants will receive offers this Wednesday and it'll be online at 12 - mind you, she could have it arseways so don't take it as gospel, just passing on what we were told!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Hi Guys, spoke to a girl in CAO today, she said the offers would be available at 6am wednesday 7th as per the website. All other dates refer to subsequent offers. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

haha feel really stupid now . i checked the cao there an hour ago and it told me i have no offers ........
    thank god it's only tuesday
    TOMmorrow tomoorroowww is only a day away...;)

unfortunately I didn't get my place..........gutted. On a waiting list but that really means nothing as they are sure the places will be taken by the few mature students before me. Doesnt show I didn't get it on the CAO just says no offers. I emailed the college and they let me know how I got on today.

So all to do again next year. Least I know that even though its 21yrs since I finished school I did well at the interview and hopefully next year with more experience I'll get to study psychology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭browne111

drogirl wrote: »
    unfortunately I didn't get my place..........gutted. On a waiting list but that really means nothing as they are sure the places will be taken by the few mature students before me. Doesnt show I didn't get it on the CAO just says no offers. I emailed the college and they let me know how I got on today.

So all to do again next year. Least I know that even though its 21yrs since I finished school I did well at the interview and hopefully next year with more experience I'll get to study psychology.

Sorry to hear that. Does this mean some people have found out today then??

• Advertisement

Also, that offer/no offer thing isnt showing up on my cao application online???????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

drogirl wrote: »

I'm in the same boat, it sucks on one hand, but on the other, it's another year to save for fees so we can lead the high life in school while the rest have to do for part time jobs ;) Also, it means next year, we'll just blow them away interview wise . We'll get in, I can feel it in me wathers*

*note: wathers have yet to be scientifically proven as a method of future determinations

browne111 wrote: »
    Also, that offer/no offer thing isnt showing up on my cao application online???????

It's not up till tomorrow afaik :)

Jessibelle wrote: »
    It's not up till tomorrow afaik :)

Then how do you know you didnt get in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 babas4

Some people contacted the admissions departments of the colleges today instead of waiting for CAO tomorrow, I was one of them. Unfortunately for me it was bad news and i now know i will not have an offer tomorrow. A friend of mine did the same but she got good news. I am looking on the bright side, i don't have to get up in the morning! On a more serious note i am fairly gutted to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 babas4

Drogirl, i feel your pain. On the positive we will be well prepared next year having been through it already. And there is always the second round of offers in August so maybe not all is lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Best of luck to everyone for tomorrow!

Also, there are 2nd and 3rd round of offers. One of the maturies in my class got offered a place on the 2nd round.

As a lot of you know, I didn't get in on my first attempt as a mature student. Heartbreaking as it was at the time it made me more determined and I was much more prepared 2nd time round. :)

Don't be put off and follow that dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Terrynova3y2

The offers section disappeared from the CAO website about an hour ago. I'm guessing they have taken it down to update for in the morning.

Completely stressed out now myself, I just can't wait for 6am to come so I can get it over and done with and relax (or cry depending on the outcome lol)

Then how do you know you didnt get in?

I got a letter from the school telling me. All hope's not lost, just diminished greatly :rolleyes: but the determination goes on, especially since two friends of mine have got in, so therefore, I'll have lovely lovely first year notes to cadge once I do :D. Best of luck tomorrow Browne111 :)

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that some of you were unsuccessful in this round, don't give up hope there are more rounds.

Not long left now. Fingers crossed for everyone.

Advertisement