Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Round A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Best of luck everyone:) Glad I know already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I have got an offer from DIT, I found out early on this year, thing is I am on the waiting list for NCAD. My CAO order of preference are
    1, NCAD
    2, DIT
    3, DIT
    4, CIT etc

What happens if I hold out of NCAD ? Should I take the DIT placement, in the hope of getting an offer from NCAD ? If I do take the DIT placement does that mean NCAD wont offer me a place ? Confussed I am :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭browne111

Jessibelle wrote: »
    I got a letter from the school telling me. All hope's not lost, just diminished greatly :rolleyes: but the determination goes on, especially since two friends of mine have got in, so therefore, I'll have lovely lovely first year notes to cadge once I do :D. Best of luck tomorrow Browne111 :)

Oh thanks Jessibelle. I love your positivity, its quite inspiring ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 llerena24

hhahaha nice post good job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

Chorcai wrote: »
    I have got an offer from DIT, I found out early on this year, thing is I am on the waiting list for NCAD. My CAO order of preference are
    1, NCAD
    2, DIT
    3, DIT
    4, CIT etc

What happens if I hold out of NCAD ? Should I take the DIT placement, in the hope of getting an offer from NCAD ? If I do take the DIT placement does that mean NCAD wont offer me a place ? Confussed I am :confused::confused:

If you dont get an offer from NCAD in the first round you could still accept a lower down course (ie DIT) and then get offered a place at NCAD in a later round.This wont be affected by you accepting the DIT as if you get an offer from NCAD later and accept it cancels out your acceptance to DIT.

That is why it is so important to put choices inorder of preference as you can still be offered choices from higher up your list but not ones from further down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 jewell

Just want to wish everyone the best for the 6am offers in the morning, especially all the Nursing applicants:D

Sleep well, tomorrow could be the start of a new begining for alot of us....fingers X

J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

sassypsych wrote: »
    If you dont get an offer from NCAD in the first round you could still accept a lower down course (ie DIT) and then get offered a place at NCAD in a later round.This wont be affected by you accepting the DIT as if you get an offer from NCAD later and accept it cancels out your acceptance to DIT.

That is why it is so important to put choices inorder of preference as you can still be offered choices from higher up your list but not ones from further down.

Thanks I thought as much. Phew'e for putting things in the right place !

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

girls /lads its ten past one the suspence is killing me
    i already got a letter from the admissions department offerin me a place
    kinda want to see it in black and white tomorrow though
    good luck
    and please for all more luck in the 2nd round ...cats with nine lives for all

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Terrynova3y2

Got accepted on my first choice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Got my first choice, mental health in UL :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Got my first choice but wasn't offered any of my other nine.
    Is this normal?
    I'm still delighted though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

I got my 2nd choice Childrens and general nursing in UCD and I am thrilled :D

Well done to all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

i got my second choice of psychiatric nursing in ucc, wud love to have gotten general though! i wonder if its possible to transfer into general after year 1? i know im being cheeky but its worth a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭captainstacy

Is it only certain course and universitys that make offers this morning?

Is it only nursing offers for mature applications today?

In early July a small number of offers of places may be issued to applicants such as:
    • those who need to make visa or other arrangements before taking a place;
    • deferred applicants;
    • mature nursing/midwifery code applicants.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

Got my first choice but wasn't offered any of my other nine.
    Is this normal?
    I'm still delighted though:D

CAO only make you one offer at a time. If you had of gotten your 3rd choice & accepted it then at a later stage you could be offered your 2nd or 1st choice. Since you were offered your first choice CAO will not offer you any other course. It is very important what order you put your choices in.

Congratulations!!!!

I got my first choice too!!! I'm over the moon!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

WooooHooooo!
    I anxiously logged into my CAO account this morning - and I'm delighted to find that I've got an offer of my 1st choice - LY708 Applied Computing! :D

It's only offers for Mature Students that are out today, so I won't go on about it too much, but .......

........ WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Angelique

Congrats all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Laydee wrote: »
    CAO only make you one offer at a time. If you had of gotten your 3rd choice & accepted it then at a later stage you could be offered your 2nd or 1st choice. Since you were offered your first choice CAO will not offer you any other course. It is very important what order you put your choices in.

Congratulations!!!!

I got my first choice too!!! I'm over the moon!!!!

Right back at ya!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Got my first choice too!!!! Of coarse I've known for a couple of weeks now but didn't want to celebrate until it was official.

Wow so much to do ..... better start revising my old maths book ..... now where did I put it???? :D

Congrats to everyone else also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nukinfuts

Got my first and ONLY choice!!!!!!!!!!!!! deeeeeeeeeeelighted, oh the relief!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭delama

Got my 3rd choice, general nursing in DCU... absolutely delighted!

Congrats to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

nukinfuts wrote: »
    Got my first and ONLY choice!!!!!!!!!!!!! deeeeeeeeeeelighted, oh the relief!

I know exactly how you feel!
    I had applied for two courses, but one of them got cancelled/removed during the summer, without me realising!

Now to figure out "what to do next" ......

Some great info on this forum, some time spent reading might be a good idea. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nukinfuts

mrmac wrote: »
    I know exactly how you feel!
    Nice one! I'm so happy - for us both! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Wahoo, first choice :)

Had been pretty much told so in my interview but was still nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

woohoo!! first(and only) choice here - im so happy! feels like a huge weight has been lifted! So excited to start in sept, these last few months doing nothing have been terrible!

Congrats everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Well Folks, got my 1st offer in Carlow I.T so im delighted... :D

Roll on the new college term...

Fair play to everyone that got in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Moomia

Hey Girls and Guys,

Everyone is saying the got there first choice or 2nd or 3rd choice etc, so i'm just wondering what courses you got??

I got General in UCD am so happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I got children's & general nursing in DCU :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

I got my first choice too @ UCC :D \o/ (English/History from the Arts choices I hope)

Any other mature peeps on the board going to UCC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lindalinda

congrats to everyone,, all seems happy here this morning,, i got my 3rd mature choice today Id in waterford, i am very happy,, but am kind of wondering what my chances are of getting my 1st or 2nd choice, because generally anyone who gets offered general or physchiatric usually except so mabey there mite not be places come out for the next round for these,,

Advertisement