Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Round A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

No offers for me today, ah well it sucks but I guess 5th August is the last chance I'll have...then to figure out what I'll do until next year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

ah you would if you were unsucessful in the interview they would let ya know straight away like they wudnt keep you holding on ..

does everyone have to do interviews for that course? i'd say that has something to do with it ...even the ''leaving certs'' would they have to do an interview for it aswell ....
    id say thats more than likely it they are still processing intervies at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Well as far as I know all mature applicants have to do an interview for it but I'd doubt any leaving certs would have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

HoPpiE wrote: »
    No I didn't do anything but an interview when I applied. I don't know who exactly to get in touch with. I think I would probably like to speak to them in person though.

It's really frustrating though as I only moved to Dublin last week on the basis that I would be starting college in September, which was my understanding from the interview.

EDIT: Do you get a rejection notice?

Yes you usually get a letter saying you have been unsuccessful. Ring up the admissions office either today or tomorrow morning and explain your situation. I would also try contact the department themselves as they interviewed you.
    No offers for me today, ah well it sucks but I guess 5th August is the last chance I'll have...then to figure out what I'll do until next year :(

:( Keep the fingers crossed till then!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 rik1234

hi , im the same as you ...in the interview i was told i have a place (accounting) and he even said he looks forward to teaching me in the coming year, also got a letter saying i was successful at interview ..but no offer today

i have been waiting for today like crazy as im sure most of you have and for there NOT to be an offer is annoying,

august the 5th is for us,it has to be...on the cao website it does mention that today is for those who have to make specific plans before starting and for deferred applicants or mature midwifery/nursing..

granted there have been a few people not in the above criteria who got there places but not many so maybe the workers squeezed in a bit more paper work

2 of my friends who were assured places in NUIM (arts aswell) haven't received today either so its only another 4 weeks to wait(glass half full and all that jazz)

• Advertisement

thats very strange i dont know what to think .......

do not understand why you need to do an interview for culinary arts and how the last poster got a letter from the college to say he was sucessful
    but he did not get his cao offer .... dont know what to think .... ring them at 9am tommorrow .... did you ring the cao hoppie

on the other hand it could be just DIT something up with that college
    so far we have
    Nursing , intenet systems , business , engineering courses from what i have read this morning are the ones that found out ...

I'm just hoping that it is something to with that school in DIT. I think I'd want to speak to somebody in person but I don't know where would be the best place to go to do so.

walk in there and go straight up to admissions .... they will be lovely in there dont worry ... go in after 9am
    they seem to close about 12/1 so be early
    go to reception they will at least point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Most course dont offer until august according to this:
    Capture-3.png
    Just in case anyone is wondering I got 290 points in my leaving cert and applied for a course through mature student way (this was automatically done when I applied through cao and did the interview) that only needs 200 and havent heard anything yet so if its anything other than nursing I wouldnt worry too much about it until the 5th of august. I was told I would be getting in and would get confirmation on the 5th of august when I went up a few days ago to get a letter about my degree I just finished ( Ittallaght ).

This, along with what Rik said, makes me think I just probably am not meant to be offered a place today.

I wonder should I still call in to the admissions tomorrow and check? I have emailed various people I thought relevant to my situation but am yet to get any response.

• Advertisement

if you have the time ... what's the harm in going in to ask ... you can always ring them first in the morning to see what the story is ..

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

I was offered my first choice...Ck116 Sports studies and physical education at UCC...so happy but now my nerves are starting already ha! anybody else offered this course?:confused:

Seem as though a load of Culinary Arts and similar offers from DIT didn't get offered today as the school was late getting files to admissions. They will be in touch in writing as soon as they've figured it out, which could take up to a week. Formal offer won't be until August though.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Got my second and third place offers today so happy with that.

Just logged into the CAO website and they where there waiting for me to accept.

Just curious should i accept the positions but my situation changes (offered a good job / get my first choice) am i bound by the offers i accept now? Other than looking bad if i accept and then cant attend for any reason is there any ill effects ?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

2mature wrote: »
    I was offered my first choice...Ck116 Sports studies and physical education at UCC...so happy but now my nerves are starting already ha! anybody else offered this course?:confused:

Hi 2Mature

I got offered my 1st choice of Sports studies in UCC. Are you from Cork? I'm not but gonna be moving down there now. How mature are you? What other subject you gonna choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

lindtee wrote: »
    Me! Can't believe it really, although I've known for a while, there is nothing like seeing the offer there on the CAO site and pressing accept! Yipeee!!

Hi Lindtee and December

I'm going to UCC as well. Can't wait. Are you two from Cork or are you gonna have to move like me?

ATTENTION all UCC Students. Anyone looking to rent a house pm me please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭captainstacy

I applied through CAO for an arts course in NUIG.
    I was then called for an apptitude test which I attended.
    I contacted the mature officer and sent on references etc that may help my application.

That was 2 months ago and I have heard nothing since.
    No apptitude score
    No sorry you have been unsuccesful
    Nothing at all.

So I thought wait until the offers today but again nothing.
    If I have been unsuccesful (which I suspect I have) then shouldn't I received something?

Surely you should hear something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Macca3000 wrote: »
    Whoop

Got my first choice, Creative Digital Media in Blanchardstown.

I'm going to college. I'm actually going to college. I never thought I'd see this day coming ;)

Snow-Monkey is also starting this course.

Congrats to everyone who got offers today. For those who didn't all is not lost. There are a couple more rounds of offers so don't give up just yet.
    I got offered my first choice, Energy and Enviornmental Engineering in IT Tallaght. Looking forward to going to college. When does Rag Week start? :pac: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ladylike

Hi,
    Did anyone get offer for psychiatric nursing trinity today. My score was 163 . That was my 8th preference. Does anyone know if I accept this could I still get offers from my higher preferences. Bit dissappointed I didn't get general!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Moomia

If you accept that you can still get offers of your higher choices in other rounds!!!

Did you have UCD General on your list??? Someone on here got UCD general with 164 so you may just have missed out and may well be in with a good chance of getting offered it in the next round!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

hey ladylike i got psych aswell in ucc 2nd choice, i wanted general tho. I dunno bout dublin but i rang ucc and apparently there is a long waiting list for general with people who scored higher than me.

Also i asked if i could transfer after year 1 in psych into general and she also said no way.

But ya know what im delighted with the opportunity to be a nurse! and if i still wana do general i can do one year course after i do my psych degree.

Maybe cos its your 8th choice u could easily be offered a higher choice but well done anyways we're gona be nurses!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Macca3000 wrote: »
    Whoop

Got my first choice, Creative Digital Media in Blanchardstown.

I'm going to college. I'm actually going to college. I never thought I'd see this day coming ;)

I shall see you there are you doing, the same course as bonker monkey pointed out.,...

:cool:

cant wait to get stuck in tho excuse me on the first day, il be dieing as il just of got back from electric picnic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rooneysdaman

I was offered my 2nd choice today, Forensic Science & Analysis (Honours, Level 8) at GMIT. I am happy but obviously would have preferred my first choice. My academic credentials are impeccable so I can only assume I went down in the interview and I really can't figure out why.

Does anybody know if, for a competitive course like my 1st choice Speech & Language Therapy @ NUIG, mature students are even considered for the 2nd round of offers? We were told that only 2 slots are reserved for mature students and possibly more if the calibre of applicants warrants it. So I'm not sure if the matures have had their chance now and any subsequent places will be offered to Leaving Certs rather than us?

That said, I am happy about getting Forensic Science, I think it will be a really interesting course with lots of career opportunities afterwards. I will be almost 44 by the time it starts and have been reading with disbelief that some people think they are too old at 25! Come on guys! I stayed home to raise my kids but there are lots of years left in me yet, I can't wait to get stuck in!

Congrats to all and commiserations to those who didn't get an offer today, better luck in the 2nd round...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Delightful12

could someone please explain the your scores range on the offer notice

for example is it 1-1000 or higher ?

Many thanks

ha ha ha we will all be dieing the first week of college thanks to electric picnic wayhey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

W86indow wrote: »
    ha ha ha we will all be dieing the first week of college thanks to electric picnic wayhey!

yes we will :cool::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

GSOIRL wrote: »
    Hi Lindtee and December

I'm going to UCC as well. Can't wait. Are you two from Cork or are you gonna have to move like me?

ATTENTION all UCC Students. Anyone looking to rent a house pm me please?

I'm not originally from Cork but living up in Mallow at the mo. What course are you both going to be studying? I'll be doing English, History, Latin and I'm undecided for the 4th Arts course. :/ (Wanted to do just English, but seems UCC only offer it with another course -.- ).

Mmm...maybe it would be a good idea to start a new thread for mature UCC students starting in 2010 XD /goes to make one. :)

Here it is: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055962298

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BIFFOS

:confused:Did anyone get mature nursing in Athlone? if so please let me know and what score you got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nokia 15

I got offered sports studies and physical eduaction today in ucc. Im both delighted and very nervous at the same time as im giving up a job in the middle of a recession to go back and try to make a better quality of life for my family. The thought of 4 years is filling me with dread ,but i know long term its my only option . Does anyone know what time of timetable/hours a first year on this course has as i need to make plans for work ,kids etc..

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 jewell

hey ladylike i got psych aswell in ucc 2nd choice, i wanted general tho. I dunno bout dublin but i rang ucc and apparently there is a long waiting list for general with people who scored higher than me.

Also i asked if i could transfer after year 1 in psych into general and she also said no way.

But ya know what im delighted with the opportunity to be a nurse! and if i still wana do general i can do one year course after i do my psych degree.

Maybe cos its your 8th choice u could easily be offered a higher choice but well done anyways we're gona be nurses!:)

Hey sex panther,

I got offered my 1st choice General in UCC - so we will prob be in same class:D I think most of nursing disiplines are together for most things in 1st year. Really excited but nervous at same time. My last day at work today, if I didn't get Nursing I was set to do pre-nursing. Having a leaving do/ offer celebration tomorrow night with my work buddys.

J

Advertisement