Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Round A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

HoPpiE wrote: »
    Definitely get in contact with DIT asap, I did and they said they're on the case getting it sorted and it seems to be big enough mistake on their behalf.

Well got in touch with DIT, clerical error on their part ment my offer didn't go out in Round A :( All sorted now. I'll have my offer in the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Coogee

Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Muffin top

I got my 1st choice in Trinity so happy days. I knew already as I had gotten a letter after my interview. I got letters of offers from two other colleges also but picked Trinity. That means that those two places resevered for me will be offered to other applkicants; so for those who have not gotten any offers yet, there is still hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dan.de.man

was offered a place with DKIT after doin an interview.like Hoppie wasn't offered anything by CAO .Was in touch with CAO ,They said they weren't authorised to offer me a place.Then i got in touch with DKIT who told me bacause i was a late applicant (after 1st feb)that my offer would be made in the august round of offers and not to worry,happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lindalinda

Hi ,
    I found out today im third on the list for my next choice, which is the one I want, does anyone know from friends or experience, Do many offers really come out on the second round?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ithread

Hi lindalinda

How did you manage to find out your were third on the list? I tried to contact the unis but they could only tell me I was on the list but could not tell me where? maybe its because you are so close? Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

Some uni's will tell you where you are on the list, other won't. A lot of uni's will ring applicants who are next on the list before the 5th to see if they want the place. If the applicants says yes then the uni sends the offer through the CAO on Aug 5th, if they say no then they contact the next person on the list and so on. This way most places are sorted by second round and save on having to go through it all again in the laster rounds.

How many offers available for 2nd round will purely depend on whether people deffered or did not accept their offer for that course. So it could be 1 place is could 5. Uni's will know by now who has not accepted and who has defferred as the closing date was on Wednesday, so they wil know exactly how many places are available.

Thanks sassypsych!

The wait continues... ;-)

Best of luck everyone waiting on offers in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ladylike

Good luck everybody tomorrow!! wots the chances of getting trinity general 2moro?? bob hope or no hope!!! here's wishing

• Advertisement

has anyone checked yet? I am scared to look!

Good luck to everyone too!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭smur89

i

I checked no offers there this morning

me too guys - no offers - boo!

We'll have to wait some more - don't give up hope yet! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BIFFOS

Got offered dental nursing had put it down as plan B. got my 3rd choice for nursing in the first offer long way to travel 1 hour and a half with no traffic. But I’m very luck to have been offered so I’m taking it.

so biffo are you doin dental or nursing??

two offers ha! Give one to us haha!

Ah thats great - what are you choosing Biffos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LRK

Does anyone know if i accept a level 7 offer will i then be able to accept a level 8 offer in later rounds if an level 8 becomes available to me. Got offered social care in athlone this morning(level 7), but was hoping to get offer in nursing( level 8).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

LRK, as far as I know you can. Well, that was what I was informed from numerous sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BIFFOS

Dental nursing is level 7 too so not accepting it as I have accepted the level 8 nursing already. Either way I hope to be studying nursing come September. Its always good to have a plan B.

• Advertisement

anyone get offered nursing today in the second round???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Moomia

I got general in UCD in the first round but it was my third choice Midwifery in UCD was my first choice and i got offered that today.

I know there were nursing offers given out today!!

yea I accepted psychiatric in trinity already but was really hoping for general today!! ah well beggers can't be choosers. Must hav just missed out on a place, I got 163 in score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carla17

shivkm wrote: »
    Hi Biffos
    I got offered psychiatric nursing in athlone on 167 points, i am also looking for anyone who is doing this course maybe going in to second or third year would like to have an idea of timetable as i am traveling from Galway

Hiya shivkm, the timetable last year was Monday-Thursday 9am til 5pm and Friday 9am til 1.30pm. ;) Congrats on your offer!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Moomia

Don't give up just yet i've let go a general place today by accepting my midwifery and i'm not the only one and as far as i can remember general in UCD in the first round was 164 so that would give you a great chance of that in the next round that is if you had UCD general on your choice list???

yea I had UCD and DCU. to be honest at this stage I'm just really happy to hav got a place after the whole process!!! plus trinity is so handy to get to for me. Congrats on your midwifery!!

But ya know what im delighted with the opportunity to be a nurse! and if i still wana do general i can do one year course after i do my psych degree.

Hi sex panther, you may want to check that out. As far as i know, (and i could well be wrong), if you do your Psych degree, and you want to do your general, you have to go back and do the 4 years general. However, if you do the general nursing degree for 4 years, you only have to do an extra 18 months for your Psych nursing after this.

hey ladylike i got psych aswell in ucc 2nd choice, i wanted general tho. I dunno bout dublin but i rang ucc and apparently there is a long waiting list for general with people who scored higher than me.

Also i asked if i could transfer after year 1 in psych into general and she also said no way.

But ya know what im delighted with the opportunity to be a nurse! and if i still wana do general i can do one year course after i do my psych degree.

Maybe cos its your 8th choice u could easily be offered a higher choice but well done anyways we're gona be nurses!:)

Sorry the above thread is in relation to this quote. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

hi ladylike im like u, i got offered and accepted psych in ucc first round but was hoping for general this round, unfortunately i didnt get an offer today, so i rang ucc and asked if there was any chance and she said that they will not be offering anymore places for general :( But as you said we should be delighted with what we have as i know 2 other people who didnt get offered anything,

Psychiatric nursing offers alot of choice aswell, like i can still do a post grad in gerontological nursing (which is what i wanted to do in the first place) or even pediatric nursing, or who knows we might love it and want to stay doing psych!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marvel80

I got an offer today for Midwifery in Galway, I am 30 so will also be 34 when finished the course, I haven't been able to click accept yet as I have a Degree already and have to try and organize money to pay the huge fees, is there anyone else in this situation?? Still delighted about the offer but it is hard to be totally happy at the same time :confused:

Advertisement