Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long does rent relief refund to come through

• 20-06-2010 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

I have just posted my form to clamin rent relief for a place I was staying in from august of last year to june, it includes everything they needed.

My PPS NO
    Address of premises I was staying in and what dates
    My landlords name address and PPS no
    My bank details are also included

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

YOu moved in last year but your only claiming now?

Doesn't rent allowance start from when you apply?

You know not everyone gets rent allowance you have to be elegible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

Bob Z wrote: »
    YOu moved in last year but your only claiming now?

Doesn't rent allowance start from when you apply?

You know not everyone gets rent allowance you have to be elegible

Its rent relief not rent allowance ,read the post properly before commenting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Its rent relief not rent allowance ,read the post properly before commenting

I did read it properly I thought they were the same thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Well they're not. Rent relief is a tax credit and so this should really be in the taxation forum.

I'd like to know the answer to the original Q aswell though, i've a feeling it'll be a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

It took me 4 weeks to get a fat healthy cheque back-dated 3 years off of 2 dodgy landlords too who the taxman chased :D

• Advertisement

Nice one. Just wondering - did you get back €400 for each year? As that's what i've heard is the maximum. However when I claimed using the revenue online thing, it gives me a significantly larger amount.

Can't remember exactly it was a few years ago, nice euro anyway.

Just an update, got a cheque in the post this morning. Only applied for it last thurs using revenue online!

Ah right so meet you down in the pub for a few scoops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

How much can you expect to receive on average? sent off the forms there last week (didn't know you could do it online). Never claimed anything back for the three years I was living in my last place- well I actually only lived there for a year and a half but it covered 3 tax years....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Max per calendar year you can get back is €400. I did this recently for 2009 & 2010 and received a cheque for 2009 and an adjusted tax credits form for 2010. all within about ten days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 luceyliu

I did my rent relief online last Wednesday but have heard nothing yet. There is no sign of it in my request history either so am bit worried it has not gone through. Anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement