Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CEFO Irish Army DPM €100

• 20-06-2010 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

For sale is a second hand barely used full set of Irish DPM CEFO. Carrying Equipment Fighting Order. It contains a Belt, Back Brace, Poncho holder, Bottle Pouch and plastic green bottle, 2 Large Kidney Pouches, and 2 double sets of Ammo Pouches. It was bought brand new and is ideal for use when training with the Army Reserve as it can be fitted properly to each individual and very durable to withstand even the worst conditions. Genuine reason for sale.:)
    FOR SALE €100

Mod Edit: Just to note, this kit is not issued by the Defence Forces, and thus can be sold legally.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Ashann wrote: »
    .........Mod Edit: Just to note, this kit is not issued by the Defence Forces, and thus can be sold legally.

Point of info: Irish Army DPM is subject to copyright rules therefore even if this is not Irish Army issued equipment it is in breach of copyright laws. Only people currently serving in the Army or Army Reserve are allowed to have this equipment or equipment in this pattern in their possession and then as I said only if it's been officially issued to them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

there is a good few lads AWOL so bunny ,as there is a lot of it about .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I suspect it's not actually the DPM but a DPM, looking at it:

11677244.jpg

Can anyone confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DickieBowe

Just looking at the photo above, it looks like French pattern to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ashann

As a military soldier I have used it and the CEFO is Irish DPM, It can be bought in any military or outdoor shop in Dublin and throughout the country. It is intended to be sold only to a fellow Military Soldier for legitimate use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

As a military soldier I have used it and the CEFO is Irish DPM, It can be bought in any military or outdoor shop in Dublin and throughout the country. It is intended to be sold only to a fellow Military Soldier for legitimate use.

it can be bought in any military or outdoor shop ...........its is intended to be sold only to a fellow military soldier for legitimate use .

am i missing something hear .

we happened on two poachers one nite ,the one guy was wearing irish army DPM ,he even said he was in the job .he did not check out.

would this be a shooting offence .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

A Military Soldier................ hmmmm, just trying to think of all the other types of soldier there are, airsoft soldier, soldier of christ, old soldier, mummys little soldier, toy soldier, chocolate soldier..... yeah you were right to specify what type of soldier you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Sparks wrote: »

11677244.jpg

Can anyone confirm?

While It looks to be Irish pattern that particular item is not an issued item so can be sold to anyone. All of the current issued kit is serial numbered for tracebility

As regards the pattern, there is a shop in the curragh camp itself (im not here to advertise him so i wont mention names) that has been making a variety of products in Irish DPM for prossibly 10 years or more now without issues from the army.

I supsect that is who manufactured this kit too as it looks very simular to what he made

Anyone using it for poaching or other illegal activity has nothing to do with this thread. Just trying to sell a genuine article so no need for anymore input on the matter.
    GunHappy you are perfectly correct, that is where this CEFO came from.:)
    Now that we all know the origins of it we can leave it be and I can maybe see if anyone is interested in buying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

You should put it on th emilitary thread.

I know th eshop you speak of guys, yes they can be bought.
    I have a chest rig myself as I find it more useful.

I know a lot of guiys who would purchase, but they are on Military thread.

Perhaps ask mod to move it for you??

• Advertisement

You should put it on th emilitary thread.

I know th eshop you speak of guys, yes they can be bought.
    I have a chest rig myself as I find it more useful.

I know a lot of guiys who would purchase, but they are on Military thread.

Perhaps ask mod to move it for you??

Thank you I'll do that. Yeah the chest rig is very good if youre using it all the time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Point of info: Irish Army DPM is subject to copyright rules therefore even if this is not Irish Army issued equipment it is in breach of copyright laws. Only people currently serving in the Army or Army Reserve are allowed to have this equipment or equipment in this pattern in their possession and then as I said only if it's been officially issued to them ;)

The Company that produces the above CEFO legally obtained the rights to produce load bearing equipment and other tactical equipment using an Irish DPM clone.

It's perfectly legal for anyone to own the above CEFO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Sparks wrote: »

11677244.jpg

Can anyone confirm?

I agree. Not Irish (French)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Moved to Military.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

This should be in the airsofter's forum. They'd cream themselves to get this.

Protac makes them and he sells them for about €170

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

I agree. Not Irish (French)

No. It's Irish DPM.

Here is the original set from the manufacturer.

http://www.protac.ie/store/index.php/protac-equipment/kit-assemblies/protac-kit-a.html

Protac is a shop in the Curragh that produces Irish DPM equipment (under license) and sells to both civilians and military. The are noted for making a lot of gear for the ARW. And the design basis of the current issue vest is based on the one made by Protac.

It is perfectly legal for anyone to buy this.

What is on the site is only a fraction of what they sell. There is a lot more available in the shop.

This site sells some other Irish DPM gear (also perfectly legal):

http://gotactical.ie/category.php?id_category=62

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

amurph0 wrote: »
    No. It's Irish DPM.

Here is the original set from the manufacturer.

http://www.protac.ie/store/index.php/protac-equipment/kit-assemblies/protac-kit-a.html

Protac is a shop in the Curragh that produces Irish DPM equipment (under license) and sells to both civilians and military. The are noted for making a lot of gear for the ARW. And the design basis of the current issue vest is based on the one made by Protac.

It is perfectly legal for anyone to buy this.

What is on the site is only a fraction of what they sell. There is a lot more available in the shop.

This site sells some other Irish DPM gear (also perfectly legal):

http://gotactical.ie/category.php?id_category=62

The design basis of the current vest came from an Arktis vest.

Poccington wrote: »

The IPLCS was designed by a project team in the Ordnance Corps. One of the systems they looked at the most was the Protac Semi-modular vest. They also took feedback from the ARW who had been using that vest since 2003.

The vest being not unlike the current one Protac are making:
    http://www.protac.ie/store/index.php/protac-equipment/vests/combat-vest.html

Arktis was looked at but very little of any of their designs was taken on.

There are very little design differences between the Protac rig and IPLCS. The most notable being:

-IPLCS is mostly made from mesh rather then fabric like in the Protac vest.
    -IPLCS has a slightly different layout and number of pouches each with compression straps.
    -the IPLCS also has D-rings in various places, like inside he interior chest pockets, as well as a little pocket where you can put your TAM's.
    -and the IPLCS has more adjustment straps on it.

That being said if you call protac when you order your vest you can have these same alterations made (except the mesh part i'd presume).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

"CEFO Irish Army DPM €100"

€100!! Bloody hell, I've got some 58 lying around here somewhere how much do you reckon i'll get for it.

iceage wrote: »
    "CEFO Irish Army DPM €100"

€100!! Bloody hell, I've got some 58 lying around here somewhere how much do you reckon i'll get for it.

well it's 58 pattern........so you'd probably have to pay someone to take it off you :D

Seriously though, you can get a full OD green PLCE set in the army surplus in middleton for about 60quid shur and thats 10 times better then 58pattern.

Id say you would be lucky to get 20quid for 58!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

not a hope, Its rolled in a box somewhere in my shed and it'll probably stay there. Something about the smell of 58.:D

I've heard of that place in Midleton, seems to have some right bargains I believe.

iceage wrote: »
    I've heard of that place in Midleton, seems to have some right bargains I believe.

Ive never actually been there myself, but my friend has been there loads of times. Its just a massive warehouse selling army gear.

Apparently everything is just stacked into big buckets and you just go through it till you find what you want.

Like there'd be a massive bucket full of utility pouches, then another full of waterbottle pouches and another full of ammo pouches and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Poccington wrote: »

Indeed, Curtis couldn't design his way our of an Acmat, of which he has several.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭thermo

testicle wrote: »
    Indeed, Curtis couldn't design his way our of an Acmat, of which he has several.

and on one (acmat) he designed and built a new cab layout :D

Advertisement