Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hill of tara

Options
  • 21-06-2010 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has any info on activity for Summer Soltice in Tara tomorrow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Glenshane Pass

It was last night was it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Oh no...I hope i havent missed it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Monday the 21st of May signals the time of the 2010 Summer solstice.

No info on the summer solstice at Tara though, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

http://m.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0621/breaking76.htm?via=latest
    Several hundred people turned up this morning on the Hill of Tara in Co Meath to watch a glorious sunrise and celebrate the summer solstice on the shortest day of the year.

The sun rose at 4.57am above the eastern horizon and, unusually, there was a barely a cloud in the sky for the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

draffodx wrote: »
    Monday the 21st of May June signals the time of the 2010 Summer solstice.
    squod wrote: »
    Several hundred people turned up this morning on the Hill of Tara in Co Meath to watch a glorious sunrise and celebrate the summer solstice on the shortest day of the year.

Dear, oh dear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

tricky D wrote: »
    Dear, oh dear.

That'll teach me to copy and paste :D

Advertisement