Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The pyjama rant!!!

Options
  • 21-06-2010 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Ok so just standing out on my balcony having a cigarette and notice two girls just casually walking down the street in pyjamas. Fair enough this is something I have seen before here in Limerick but it astounds me everytime, like WTF??? I dont understand why people cant just throw on even tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie. Why do girls feel it necessary to show us that they can afford 6e pyjamas from Penneys???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Why does it bother you so much?Maybe they just popped out to the shop to grab some milk or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

maybe we are too old/wrong sex to understand.. i say where what ya want when ya want..

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

because they are knackers.... end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

dirty sluts too

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

dirty sluts too

hear, all ye good people, hear what this brilliant and eloquent speaker has to say!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fifi_kitten

Bundasbar wrote: »
    Ok so just standing out on my balcony having a cigarette and notice two girls just casually walking down the street in pyjamas. Fair enough this is something I have seen before here in Limerick but it astounds me everytime, like WTF??? I dont understand why people cant just throw on even tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie. Why do girls feel it necessary to show us that they can afford 6e pyjamas from Penneys???

I think you'll find that Penneys PJ's are actually a bargainous 5 euro....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Stab*City wrote: »
    maybe we are too old/wrong sex to understand.. i say where what ya want when ya want..

wear maybe???

but no. anyone wearing pj's in public should be sent to the mental home as thats where they belong:D
    xi wrote: »
    dirty sluts too

/\ agreed my good men. agreed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Join a Facebook group about it and get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I'm delighted the OP has brought this up. It was about time this scurrilous behaviour got a mention on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

anyone wearing pj's in public should be sent to the mental home as thats where they belong

Actually before the whole wearing PJs in public craze kicked in, the only people who used to wear their PJs in public were the patients from St Josephs. They used to head across to Glynn's and Newstop on Mulgrave St every day to buy cigarettes etc. In my mind peoplel wearing PJs today are of the same mentality as those same patients.
    Cheers,
    sombaht

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Perhaps a PJ's styled flashmob in front of pennys is in order????? Its got win written all over it.

Paulegend wrote: »
    wear maybe???

Thanks for pointing that out:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

I'm afraid that the death penalty, preceded by horrific torture broadcast live on primetime tv, is the only solution here.

The Columbian government has an easier time trying to reintegrate FARC rebels than we would have trying to explain the benefits of a civilised society to these knackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

sombaht wrote: »
    Actually before the whole wearing PJs in public craze kicked in, the only people who used to wear their PJs in public were the patients from St Josephs. They used to head across to Glynn's and Newstop on Mulgrave St every day to buy cigarettes etc. In my mind peoplel wearing PJs today are of the same mentality as those same patients.
    Cheers,
    sombaht

yea i remember. one night years ago an old lady knocked at my door at all hours of the morning. she was from st josephs. she must have just wondered out in her pj's and in through town to my house. lol was a strange call to the gardai
    Stab*City wrote: »
    Thanks for pointing that out:cool:

lol sorry mate. i always mispell things so it was refreshing to be the one correcting this time:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

xi wrote: »
    grenache was banned for a month last week for using the word "pikeys" but this comment is deemed acceptable. Yet another example of double standards from the Limerick City moderators.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

There is always people wearing pyjamas in Cratloe Stores in Caherdavin. It's so tacky! And I have an irrational hatred for silk and velvet so when they are wearing silk pyjamas, I just want to rip the persons face off.

I've yet to see it in Galway...

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

They sell pants in Penneys that look like pj's now @_@

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

seriously? things can't be too bad if this is all you have to give out about..
    personally I shake my head and laugh, much prefer to see them in their pjs than their underwear with the muffin stuffin hanging out..
    Think the guy who called them dirty sluts would want to cop himself on, or are you the kind of dirty old man who prefers to see young girls going around the place in skimpy tops and hot pants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Most of them wear pajamas 24/7 because all they do is sit around all day drinking/smoking their dole and looking for the ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jigga wrote: »
    grenache was banned for a month last week for using the word "pikeys" but this comment is deemed acceptable. Yet another example of double standards from the Limerick City moderators.

In this context i think he means knackers as scobes/wa's etc, its a pretty common term for the tracksuit wearing mouth breathers than inhabit our scummy streets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

They apparently have "good" pyjamas for going out shopping etc. - Once they retire for the evening they carefully fold them and put them away before changing into their night-time pyjamas which are not really as fancy.

- As for the question why do they do it? I personally think its a reactive statement against Society in a proud fcuk you type way - No job, no career, no responsibility, no accountability, no effort, no intention, I'm so fcuking not bothered with what you think cause I got a Phd in obtaining State Benefits and I'm perfectly comfortable thanks!

Seriously, for lots of People in this City every night is Friday night and Happy Hour is anytime you can be arsed to crack open a can of Dutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Must make it very confusing up in the hospital not knowing who are the patients and who are the visitors! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Raiser wrote: »

- As for the question why do they do it? I personally think its a reactive statement against Society in a proud fcuk you type way - No job, no career, no responsibility, no accountability, no effort, no intention, I'm so fcuking not bothered with what you think cause I got a Phd in obtaining State Benefits and I'm perfectly comfortable thanks!

Really though its either A) they are so bone idle lazy they could not take the 30 seconds it takes to change into outdoor clothing or B) Someone off the telly did it first

looks like its here to stay for a while so just get over it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I blame those bananas for starting it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

OP, Ring St. Joseph’s Psychiatric Hospital, Mulgrave Street, Limerick (061) 416 166, the next time you see them and tell them their patients are on the loose again.

It becoming a serious problem with them waking the streets of Limerick!!

Advertisement