If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueray player, what do you recommend?

Options
  • 21-06-2010 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Hi John and crew,

What blueray player would you recommend to pair with my Panasonic G10L and Denon 1910? I also have a Logitech harmony one to control everything if that makes any difference.
    I would be looking for a 2010 model if possible and that can upscale standard dvd's.
    Would have about £150 ish to spend.

Thanks,
    Neil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Forgot to mention that multi region is not needed on the dvd side.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Neilw wrote: »
    Forgot to mention that multi region is not needed on the dvd side.

Neil,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - if it was me I would probably go for the Panasonic BD65 which we can do at £139.95 or the new Onkyo BDSP308 which is spanking new and we can do at £169.95 reduced from £199.95 (:o Sorry I know that that breaks the bank a little!)

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Neil,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - if it was me I would probably go for the Panasonic BD65 which we can do at £139.95 or the new Onkyo BDSP308 which is spanking new and we can do at £169.95 reduced from £199.95 (:o Sorry I know that that breaks the bank a little!)

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John,

Onkyo is a bit more then I wanted to spend.

I spotted a new sony player, the BDP-S370. Seems to be getting rave reviews. How does the panasonic compare to it?

Thanks,
    Neil.

Neilw wrote: »
    Thanks John,

Onkyo is a bit more then I wanted to spend.

I spotted a new sony player, the BDP-S370. Seems to be getting rave reviews. How does the panasonic compare to it?

Thanks,
    Neil.

Neil,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - yep we do the 370 as well - but give me the Pana every day of the week - ofk it's slightly more expensive but WELL worth the difference!

THanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Just out of interest John, why would you recommend the Panasonic over the Sony player?

• Advertisement

sofireland wrote: »
    Just out of interest John, why would you recommend the Panasonic over the Sony player?

Fair question - a little bit of personal bias perhaps - I am a Panasonic BR fan - on the feature count they are pretty much the same - the Pana has an ultra quick start up which I like - and as a generalisation pana dvd/BR tends to be bulletproof from a reliability viewpoint - but mainly I have seen the two of them working together side by side and I think the Pana produces a far more natural picture - however the A/B comparison I saw was on a Pana G20 screen - so perhaps it is better matched to their own screens? :confused:

Thats my (subjective) opinion!

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Fair enough.
    Just wondering was looking at the Pana player on RS.com and it mentions 3 free BRs does that apply with you guys

Thanks for the help John, I was in the UK today and bought the Panna BD65 from Richersounds over there. I couldn't pass up the opportunity as the shop was 10 mins walk from my hotel :o

sofireland wrote: »
    Fair enough.
    Just wondering was looking at the Pana player on RS.com and it mentions 3 free BRs does that apply with you guys

yep :)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Just a quick update on the pannasonic player. I'm very happy with it. Been watching band of brothers and picture quality is amazing :D

Easy to use, network features seem good too. Still lots of playing to do.

Thanks for the advice John :)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Neilw.

Should you need any further items please let us know :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.