Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident caused by Bin Truck

Options
  • 21-06-2010 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

My car Has been damaged by bin lorry belonging to Fingal County Council. That happend on 31 of May 2010 at 9:30 am. Me and My wife (owner of car) were on Holidays, Car was parked at the front of the house where we live. The accident saw our flatmate and neighbor. Driver was reversing when it happend, Crew of truck forgot to put up the steps at the back, one of these steps hit the driver's door of my car. I have comprehensive insurance. What do I suppose to do now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Contact Fingal County council and ask them how to go about making a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jacekhc666

I have done it already. They want me to do quote for estimated cost of replacing/fixing door. What would You suggest me to do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

jacekhc666 wrote: »
    I have done it already. They want me to do quote for estimated cost of replacing/fixing door. What would You suggest me to do now?

Send them a quote for estimated cost of replacing/ fixing door maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

bring it to a dealer and get a quote for the repairs. then send it in to the council.

not to be rude but they seem to be asking you for stuff and you just need to get it for them. It goes without saying they will need a quote before they will payout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

All right I've got the quote in my hand, i'm in the Fingal office and the man who works in that department is standing in front of me. What should i do now?? :D

• Advertisement

chris85 wrote: »
    bring it to a dealer and get a quote for the repairs. then send it in to the council.

not to be rude but they seem to be asking you for stuff and you just need to get it for them. It goes without saying they will need a quote before they will payout.

I have it nearly sorted out, the last question is... How much for replacing door in your opinion? Mechanic told me that would be around 700/800e. Nissan Dealer told me the new door without fitting are for over 400e

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I have it nearly sorted out, the last question is... How much for replacing door in your opinion? Mechanic told me that would be around 700/800e. Nissan Dealer told me the new door without fitting are for over 400e
    Does it matter? You're not paying for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Write a letter of complaint to Fingal Co Co outlining all the procedures and steps you have taken. Never just work off one quote always get a second or third price, make sure door is spray painted the same colour as car. If you want to do more you could also report the driver to the Gardi and file charge for hit and run etc .

get a dealer quote for fitting and spraying also. get a few quotes and send them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Write a letter of complaint to Fingal Co Co outlining all the procedures and steps you have taken. Never just work off one quote always get a second or third price, make sure door is spray painted the same colour as car. If you want to do more you could also report the driver to the Gardi and file charge for hit and run etc .
    :confused: Why?

Fingal Co Co have asked him for a quote for repairs, so the driver has already fessed up to hitting the car. Why does he need to write a letter of complaint and report it to the gardi?. Accidents happen. By all means get the best possible repair job done tho.
    Hit and run,:) how fast can a bin lorry go?

• Advertisement

gogo wrote: »
    :confused: Why?

Fingal Co Co have asked him for a quote for repairs, so the driver has already fessed up to hitting the car. Why does he need to write a letter of complaint and report it to the gardi?. Accidents happen. By all means get the best possible repair job done tho.
    Hit and run,:) how fast can a bin lorry go?

+1 just send in teh quotes and get paid for the work. easy as.

A bin lorry dont go fast around estates but the weight of them is what does the damage. Think of a house slowly backing into your car :rolleyes:

Thanks lads for advise. I'm wiating for a quote at the moment. I know it will be 700 euros for fitting, spraying and for door.

I went to authorized fitter of Nissan parts and their assessor. Estimate I have now is for 1600 euros :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 oisgolf

A bin trcuk just reversed into my car this morning.
    Did Fingal coco take long to process the quotes for damage repair?
    I hear the driver has to file a report first.
    Such a pain in the...

Advertisement