Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinochet thread disappeared on History Forum

Options
  • 21-06-2010 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭

An interesting thread on General Pinochet appeared to have disappeared from boards.ie
    It was originally on Politics, and was then moved to History. Now, having another look after the weekend, it appears to have gone completely. Normally if there is some infraction, individual posts are edited or even deleted, or the thread is locked. What happened here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

can you remember who the OP was? The thread title?

Are your view settings set to see threads within the last two months? Have you tried changing that to include older threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭donaghs

I cant remember the OP, but it was only their first or second post, which made me a little suspicious of their intentions, but the discussion never got out of hand. I think I last looked at it on Saturday morning. I added one reply to it myself.

The first post was entitled "Pinochet saved Chile" - just found a cached version of it. The OP was called DERIXON. I found it with by googling "pinochet" and "boards.ie"
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=boards.ie+pinochet+chile&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭donaghs

Hi, it was "DERIXON", titled "Pinochet saved Chile".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

The thread was started in politics then got moved to history and heritage. it was deleted as Derixon was a re-reg of a spamming troll account.

Advertisement