Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched back to Eircom, still got billed from Perlico

Options
  • 21-06-2010 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Last month I switched back to Eircom for my landline. Perlico then issued me a bill for the next month, after the changeover period. I emailed them and had this in reply "When you move you account from one provider to another your account isn’t always cancelled. If you wish to cancel your account with Perlico please reply to this email confirming you wish to cancel your account and we will proceed with your request."

Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

We've had this trying to escape from Eircom. The account wasn't cancelled correctly, and it's take 7 calls to Eircom so far to get it sorted.

Perlico did this to me too. I was chasing them for months for a refund - finally had to call in Comreg to sort it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You could query this in the Vodafone forum....after all Vodafone own Perlico :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Perlico did this to me too. I was chasing them for months for a refund - finally had to call in Comreg to sort it.
    I think I'll be going the Comreg route anyway, as I think its pretty sneaky of Perlico to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i got the same when i changed from bt to vf (before the auto switch) and they had to refund me because they were billing me for things that they no longer supplied i.e. phone line and BB so they had no leg to stand on. Once the line and BB has been moved to a new supplier, then the account is supposed to be closed. Only exception is if you are going from a fixed line to UPC scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I think I'll be going the Comreg route anyway, as I think its pretty sneaky of Perlico to do it.

Its abit dodgy alright,
    If you have a Perlico account you have to have services from Perlico for them to charge you, as you've switched to Eircom Perlico are not providing you with anything and as such should not be charging you.

Sure you can have an account but it has no attached services to be charged for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Last month I switched back to Eircom for my landline. Perlico then issued me a bill for the next month, after the changeover period. I emailed them and had this in reply "When you move you account from one provider to another your account isn’t always cancelled. If you wish to cancel your account with Perlico please reply to this email confirming you wish to cancel your account and we will proceed with your request."

Anyone else have this issue?
    it is a scam as most people will pay rather than fight the script monkeys to get a refund. they did the same with two people i know who had cancelled in writing at least 6 weeks before changing provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

UTV are just as bad for this sort of carry on. I moved the landline from UTV back to Eircom. Eircom switched the line in 48hrs. A few days later UTV emailed saying that you switched your line and we were not informed, please contact us. So what I says? They then kept charging for line rental as if nothing had happened. Again Comreg had to intervene.

Under the CPS rules there is no need for the end user to inform the loosing operator of switching. These companies are making up their own rules as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Perlico got back onto me to say they'll process a cancellation, will wait and see. I've a feeling that will take them a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Vodafone: Paul

Hi DubOnHoliday,

Can you PM me your landline number?
    I don't work directly with the Perlico teams, but can definitely speak with them and see what I can do to push the refund forward.

Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i also cancelled the account of a relative who died 15 months ago and perlico continued to send bills and even took money from the persons bank for three months after and then i got a letter from debt collectors as the direct debits had been stopped! worst company ever to deal with in any circumstances!

Advertisement