Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor phones at the moment...

Options
  • 21-06-2010 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Does anyone else think that the Meteor phones available at the moment are not half as good as those on other networks?

I'm after dropping my phone and need to get a new one, but the options are pretty awful. Does anyone know if they are due to get anything new?

This time last year I got the Tocco Lite and loved it but don't want to fork out for the same phone again! I know, the obvious answer is to change networks but I'm happy out with my €20 euro credit a month on Meteor! If anyone knows of any phones due out, would appreciate it - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

In fairness the have the desire what is one of the best out there tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

HTC Hero - smartphone & cheap as chips
    HTC Legend - mmmm shiney
    HTC Desire - **** Hot!

If you don't like HTC/Touch Screens/Android there are https://phones.meteor.ie/phones/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭patrickc

they told me today there getting exciting new phones within the next 2 weeks, didnt say what though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

i got mine thurs last, just go into meteor and sign up with a bill pay plan,

since the phone isn't in stock they say they'll give you 20€ off the price,

this along with the 30€ a month sub and matching their retail price to the online price; so i got the phone for 149.99

never been happier.

I just hope somebody develops good games for the android platform.

But for now i'm happy with the gearboid emulator and earthworm jim 1 + 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Meteor rarely get many great handsets and generally get one or two good handsets; albeit several months after the other networks.

The HTC Desire is a good handset but, other than that, there's not much else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭StaunchyDJ

Samsung Wave just got released too this week and by god is it a Dinger! The Screen is the BEST around at the Minute and the HD Video/Camera are breath taking, especially the 720p HD Recording AND Editing. Nice few features also like Theathering, you can use the phone as a Router and connect up to 3 different Wireless Devices at any 1 time. Gaming on er is hot too with EA, Capcom & Gameloft already on board, 1Ghz CPU and did I mention the Screen lol SUPER Amoled Multi-Point & Touch.

Well worth a look even though it is a brand new OS, Bada, they've got an App Store covered, not much there at the min but they've set up a Developers Challenge to which there's a €2.7 Million Prize Fund with the Winner walking away with €300,000 of it. So it won't take them too long to gather up some new Apps.

Advertisement