Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marginal Costing!

• 21-06-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question on marginal:

I know how to get the first variable cost, but when (ie. what will the question ask) and how do you get the new variable cost?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Anyone?!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I'm not sure what you are asking. To get it you multiply the cost per unit by the number of units produced, except Commission which is different as it's a percentage of sales. Hope that helps, I'm not sure what you are asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I can't figure when you need a new variable cost and when you can use the old one...

And when I need the new one, I don't know how to get it... if you know what I mean...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

Variable cost (As in the small figure you multiply by, not the total variable cost) changes only whenever it specifically says that is changes, unless you lump commision in with variable cost (I usually do it kinda seperatly) Then it'll change if Sales price changes as well.

I think that's what you meant? I could be wrong..

Advertisement