Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Town Development Plan

• 21-06-2010 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭

Might go along to this meeting on Thursday
    Notice of the preparation of the Draft Town Development Plan 2011-2017
    May 19 2010

Notice is hereby given that Bray Town Council has, pursuant to Section 12 of the Planning and Development Acts, 2000 (as amended), prepared a Draft Development Plan or the period 2011-2017.

The Draft Plan is accompanied by an Environmental Report, prepared in accordance with the Planning and Development [Strategic Environmental Assessment] Regulations 2004. Depending on the outcome and findings of the preliminary screening process, an Appropriate Assessment, pursuant to Article 6[3] of the Habitats Directive 92/43/EEC will, if required, be carried out prior to the adoption of the Development Plan.

The Draft Plan and associated documents will also be on display at the following locations from Wednesday 19th May 2010 to Friday the 30th July 2010 inclusive, Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays:

Planning Department, Bray Town Council, Civic Offices, Main Street, Bray (9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.).
    Bray Public Library, Eglinton Road, Bray
    Bray Public Library, Ballywaltrim, Boghall Rd
    Little Bray Family Resource Centre, Ard Chulann, Fassaroe, Bray
    St.Fergal’s Resource Centre, 107 Oldcourt Avenue, Bray

Hard copies of the draft plan [written statement, including appendices, environmental report and maps] are available to purchase Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) at the Planning Counter, Bray Town Council, Civic Offices, Main Street, Bray, Co.Wicklow (9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.).

Public information meetings will be held in the Town Hall, Main St, Bray on Wednesday, 2nd June 2010 from 6.30pm to 8.00pm and Thursday 17th June 2010 from 5pm to 6.30pm. These meetings will be held in clinic format, no appointments necessary.

All written submissions and observations should be marked for the attention of Christine Flood, Town Clerk, Bray Town Council, Civic Offices, Main Street, Bray, Co.Wicklow or they can be emailed to: planreview@braytc.ie marked ‘Town Development Plan’ and should state the name, address of the person, group or public body from whom same is received. Please make your submission by one medium only, i.e. hard copy or e-mail.

You are strongly advised to make your submission as early as possible. The closing date for receipt of submissions is 5:00 p.m. on Friday 30th July 2010. Late submissions will not be accepted.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I have to say I'm worried that the old Public Nursing Home land will be zoned for car parking development under this plan. This is disgraceful the land should be only zoned for public healthcare in my opinion
    The opportunity exists to unlock the development potential of under-utilised sites around the town, such as the Herbert Road car park, Florentine car park and the former Health Centre on the Killarney Road.
    Mixed-use development incorporating among other uses a significant public community healthcare facility and a minimum 200 space car park. Other suitable uses include commercial/community and cultural developments. Where proposed, office/residential uses should be located on upper floors.
    the introduction of the town centre proposals for bus priority, cycle lanes and improved environmental amenity will require the removal of some on-street spaces. Increases in off-street parking provision on sites such as the Herbert Road, Killarney Road and Florentine site, will provide an opportunity to reduce the number of on-street spaces and, hence, help reduce congestion and improve the environment for pedestrians and cyclists;
    It is the policy of the Council to develop multi-storey car parks to facilitate town centre development, including the reduction of on-street parking. Multi-storey car parks can be developed at the existing Herbert Road car park, Florence Road car park and Killarney Road Health Service Executive site in conjunction with town centre uses (as detailed in Section 4.4.13, Opportunity Sites) These sites are suitably positioned to provide easy pedestrian access to town centre businesses while avoiding additional
    traffic congestion on the Main Street.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Johnny, the public meeting was last Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Johnny, the public meeting was last Thursday

Doh - got my dates mixed up :(

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement