Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayor

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Well done to Mary Roche. It is good to see someone with a positive outlook receiving the role of Mayor! The best of luck for the year ahead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Odats wrote: »
    I'm a supporter for Davy Walsh not on a party level but on a representative level for my constituency he's top notch. But what really grinds my gears is he's in the council more than 30 years and hasn't been made mayor because he wishes to not join the pact. Surely common sense should prevail here. No disrespect for Mary Roche but wouldn't it be a nice gesture after all the years service.

Perhaps it's time to find a more honest way to elect a mayor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Trotter wrote: »
    The mayoral election was tonight, so Mary Roche has been elected. Theres an air of positivity about the place recently so I wish her a good year as mayor.

Waterford deserves a great year, and with the weather improving, and the Crystal centre attracting people to our city, and the Tall Ships returning, we can hope for good things.

no mention of a deputy mayor in her talk with Billy McCarthy just now, or maybe i missed it. Does not bother me anyway living at the opposite end of the county.

I'm a supporter for Davy Walsh not on a party level but on a representative level for my constituency he's top notch. But what really grinds my gears is he's in the council more than 30 years and hasn't been made mayor because he wishes to not join the pact. Surely common sense should prevail here. No disrespect for Mary Roche but wouldn't it be a nice gesture after all the years service.

John Halligan had no chance of becoming mayor until he jumped ship. Maybe Davy Walsh should do the same. Any truth in the rumours that John Halligan is about to jump ship again.

• Advertisement

Davy may be a good constituency man but i certainly would not like to see him represent the City...

[QUOTE=i certainly would not like to see him represent the City...[/QUOTE]

Why is that

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Why is that

Because of his association with the Trade Unions which in my opinion is old world politics. And secondly, how he undemocratically gets involved in making planning appeals even though the majority of the Council has voted the planning application through.

We need a more vibrant person that reflects a new Waterford not the Waterford of the past!!

Yes Boss wrote: »
    Because of his association with the Trade Unions which in my opinion is old world politics.

Wasnt Halligan associated with them as well. Didnt he stand on a picket with strikers during his term as mayor, something that i dont think should happen as i believe a mayor should be above such issues, as there is two sides to every story.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Wasnt Halligan associated with them as well. Didnt he stand on a picket with strikers during his term as mayor, something that i dont think should happen as i believe a mayor should be above such issues, as there is two sides to every story.

I fully agree with you...It is nice to be a man of the people, however, when you take the role of Mayor you need to be a man (or woman) of the City!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement