Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance

Options
  • 21-06-2010 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

This is following on from another thread my boyfriend posted in.

Basically currently myself and the boyfriend are talking about moving in together. He's working full time and I'm currently unemployed.

He lives with his parents in the Fingal area and I'm currently living on a family member's couch in the Dublin Coco's area. We would be hoping to live together in the Fingal area.

From looking up online it seems I have to fill out the Social Housing form first before I can go about getting Rent Allowance from a CWO. Would I include my boyfriend's details on this even though we're not living together at the moment? Also which Social Housing List would I want to be applying for seeing as I'm living in Dublin Coco but want to live in Fingal?

If I/we do get on the social housing list what happens next in regards to rent allowance and how much we'd be entitled to seeing as one of us is working?

Thanks and hope this is the right section

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Hi,

This is following on from another thread my boyfriend posted in.

Basically currently myself and the boyfriend are talking about moving in together. He's working full time and I'm currently unemployed.

He lives with his parents in the Fingal area and I'm currently living on a family member's couch in the Dublin Coco's area. We would be hoping to live together in the Fingal area.

From looking up online it seems I have to fill out the Social Housing form first before I can go about getting Rent Allowance from a CWO. Would I include my boyfriend's details on this even though we're not living together at the moment? Also which Social Housing List would I want to be applying for seeing as I'm living in Dublin Coco but want to live in Fingal?

If I/we do get on the social housing list what happens next in regards to rent allowance and how much we'd be entitled to seeing as one of us is working?

Thanks and hope this is the right section

Strangely enough im on the same boat as you except its my GF whos working part time and im unemployed. You cant apply for it as a couple as hes in full employment (and for some reason i think that if he is working full time then the social might say that he can support you, im not too sure on that but someone correct me if i am wrong).

I think what you should do is tell them that you are moving in to an apartment or house on your own and your renting a room and that there is another occupant (your boyfriend) in the other room, that provided your landlord will be happy with that arrangement, as to the amount you get it varies from county to county but look up the citizens advide website.

Once your on the housing list you'll be called for an interview and they will asess your means (Be very carefull with what you say they could catch you out). Provided there happy with you after your interview drop you rent allowance form in and you should have it in a week.

hope this in some way helps you.

Advertisement