Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marginal Costing

• 21-06-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hey, I know how to do these, but a quick question, I don't use the formula on the marking schemes, I use my own method :

Sales-Variable Costs-Fixed Costs= Nety Profit.

Now it works, and I get the right answers, but will they mark me down for not using the formulas in the marking schemes? Kinda of worried now, cause it is 2 hours before the exam.... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

If the question asks you to get a figure, and you get the figure, then you get the marks. Unless you are specifically told to do an account, or use a method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

I use that formula and my teacher says it's perfect. So don't worry =)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

If your on about the contribution then you should be fine as its the the same thing as SP-VC anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

I use that formula and my teacher says it's perfect. So don't worry =)

Brilliant, let's hope it comes up now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I use your formula too, nothing wrong with it.

Still trying to figure out when you have to use a new VC and how you get it though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement