Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two quick accounting questions

• 21-06-2010 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Right so, in Interpretation, if you're not 100% sure about a formula, say you're not sure if it's P/E or P/D, if you do both do they penalise you or do they ignore the wrong one?

And for Marginal Costing, how do you do the question if you're not given the number of the units how do you do the question?? xP

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

You usually have to find the number of units yourself - just divide your sales by the cost of units.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Right so, in Interpretation, if you're not 100% sure about a formula, say you're not sure if it's P/E or P/D, if you do both do they penalise you or do they ignore the wrong one?

And for Marginal Costing, how do you do the question if you're not given the number of the units how do you do the question?? xP

Thanks in advance :)
    For the first one, I'd say yes, just do one. P/D is at present payout rate, P/E is anything else, just remember that.

As for # units, just divide sales by selling price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

Thanks for the answer to the first question =)

The marginal costing one I meant more if they don't give you sales price either.. just give you figures... My accounting teacher did something like that in class and gave us a method apparently, but I wasn't in.. Maybe I'm just overcomplicating things in an attempt to be totally prepared?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Section 3 is usually very straightforward and mathematical, once you know the basic procedure you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

Ok that's reassuring. Thank you ^_^

That's me all set now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Thanks for the answer to the first question =)

The marginal costing one I meant more if they don't give you sales price either.. just give you figures... My accounting teacher did something like that in class and gave us a method apparently, but I wasn't in.. Maybe I'm just overcomplicating things in an attempt to be totally prepared?
    Probably. Don't panic, just look at the figures, you'll figure out a way. Don't worry, it will probably not be there.

Advertisement