Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant Applications - Get them in!!

Options
  • 21-06-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

The application form is now available on www.studentfinance.ie. If you're unsure as to your eligibility, the SU and Dept. of Education recommend applying and letting the Council decide.

Those who have already gotten a grant should contact your local authority to ensure you have a full checklist of what is needed for renewal of your grant for the coming year. This will more than likely not be any more than just the income documents provided last year.

If you were declined last year on income grounds and your circumstances have changed, you can submit income documents again for reconsideration.

Closing date is the 31st of August, but it's highly recommended to get your application in ASAP!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Hi ninty9er,

I'm just wondering when the repeat exam results come out? I'm assuming that my renewal grant application won't be processed until the grant office receive them. Assuming I pass the repeats of course!

So gutted coz I handed in everything on the check-list last Friday then came home to find the big white letter on the mat.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Hi ninty9er,

I'm just wondering when the repeat exam results come out? I'm assuming that my renewal grant application won't be processed until the grant office receive them. Assuming I pass the repeats of course!

So gutted coz I handed in everything on the check-list last Friday then came home to find the big white letter on the mat.

Cheers.
    SAA will have notices in the exam centres that will have the results date on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Yes but will they be sent automatically to the grant office or is that something I'll have to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crazykatz

Hi

I am enrolling in a masters at ul on september and I am looking to get my fees paid for. I am living alone and on social welfare but i am 23 but only since the end of January this year. I still seem to be assessed under my parents eventhough they have nothing to do with me. Can anyone advise

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It's a little unfortunate that it's the end of January and not December that you were 23 as that technically rules you out. However, some grant authorities will ignore it even though they're not supposed to.

To qualify as mature now you also have to have been 3 years out of study.

• Advertisement
Advertisement