Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie stuff in Lidl? (and the price of quorn!)

Options
  • 21-06-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Does anyone know do Lidl stock veggie burger etc in any of their shops. My local one doesn't, having said that it's not that big either so I'm wondering do some of the other places stock it. I'm getting really sick of their cheese and onion quiche at this stage!

Also, why the hell does quorn have to be so expensive? I could get 10 beef quarter pounders in lidl for the cost of two quorn ones!!! Is it expensive to produce or do we just get ripped off due to very limited products in the market space? Has anyone ever bought it wholesale?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have never seen it in any lidl. Think it's what about 1.65 for 2 quorn burgers(supervalu), don't find it that bad. Never bought wholesale, would like that heh. The more that is produced, the cheaper it will be in the end. The breasts, pieces or sausages are better value. maybe try the mixes you can get, nutroast, or the burger/sausage versions.

I checked today. Mine doesn't.

If you envy the price of cheap processed meat. Go have a youtube on how it is made. ICkk!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Nope I have never seen burgers or sausages in there but they do have vegan onion rings and indian snack selection mmmmm.

They also have breaded mushrooms which I think are veggie not vegan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Tesco and Dunnes do their own range of meat-free, veggie burgers/hotdogs/cutlets. Try some of the bigger branches for these. A lot cheaper that Quorn/Linda Mc Cartney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

+1 for Dunnes, a lot of it is much cheaper than other shops too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

I thought Dunnes and Tesco had stopped doing their own brand veggie products?

Also I emailed Lidl about their lack of veggie foods in Ireland compared to their stores in other countries in the hope that they would start stocking them here. Anyone else interested in also emailing them to fight the cause and all that their address is Customer.Service at the usual lidl.ie
    The response I got was:
    Thank you for your email regarding the vegetarian and vegan products. Your comments have been passed to our Purchasing Department who will bear them in mind for the future.

In the meantime if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on our Free Phone Number below. Our lines are open Monday to Saturday, 8am to 9pm.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

Free Phone ROI: 1800 347 447

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

Weyhey wrote: »
    I thought Dunnes and Tesco had stopped doing their own brand veggie products?

/SIZE][/I][SIZE=1][I

They have, I am not a veggie but loved Dunnes own brand veggie burgers and posted about it here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055861361

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SugarMagnolia

They don't have veggie products in my local store either. Such a shame dunnes stopped making theirs too!

Advertisement