Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European City Guide - spam snail mail

Options
  • 21-06-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭

I got another one of those spam letters for European City Guide.
    It costs 997 euro to be included in this wonderful guide!!

The amusing part is the "Area of business activity". It says "WEB DESIGN AMP1 HOSTING" - they obviously don't convert AMP1 (or &) to an actual '&' :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

I blogged about this in 2006 - these assholes have been at it for years.

Basic message is that these "contracts" are totally unenforceable. If you have signed one, never fear. Just tell them to shag off and ignore the threats.
    Deutscher Adressdienst GmbH / DAD - what is going on?

By admin on 2006-08-16 00:08; Last edit 2009-02-16 17:02
    Have you received a letter from 'DAD Deutscher Adressdienst GmbH' offering you a free listing in a directory?

No? Perhaps you received a letter from 'European City Guide', 'E.C.G., S.L.', 'Novachannel AG', 'Construct Data (The Fair Guide)', 'TVV Telefax Directory', 'International Business and Trade Databases', 'Intercable Verlag AG', 'IT&T International Fax Directory', 'UTP Digital Directories', 'International Medical Information (I.M.I.)', 'Deutscher Adressdienst GmbH', 'EU Company Directory'?

If so, have a look at Stop The European City Guide! (www.stopecg.org). It makes for very interesting reading!

This all came to my attention after speaking with a Mr. Schiller from a debt collection agency called GRAVIS Inkasso GmbH based in Austria. He claims to be handling an unpaid bill on behalf of DAD Deutscher Adressdienst GmbH.

Now I'm not one to cast suspicions, but looking at the above website it seems something very smelly is going on here! Perhaps my next letter or telephone call from Mr. Schiller will throw some light on things. After I told him that we owed DAD Deutscher Adressdienst GmbH nothing, he promised to check things with his legal department and his supervisor and get back to me. It seems he needs to sort out the chain of command in GRAVIS Inkasso GmbH! (I hope I can sleep while having this hanging over my head!)

Looks like I'm not the only one to get calls from Mr. Schiller. Here's a related article from the Irish Sunday Business Post from January 2005: "European City Guide scam threatens barber".

FINED AND CLOSED in 2003 for mailing misleading contracts, the ECG is has sent contracts in the 2 years since that many people have disputed.

See also: Deutscher Adressdienst GmbH/DAD.

Advertisement