Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Tomorrow

• 21-06-2010 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

So what ya's all learning for tomorrow? Any ideas what will come up :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

theres no way to predict for spanish, so just learn lots of handy phrases and learn weather :)
    the comprehensions are usually always about mobiles/bullying/teenagers etc, so just make sure you can understand stuff related to that!
    for diarys, just have things like !vaya dia! learned off, easy marks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

okay cool thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ciarzz

Just know all your grammer: past, present, future and subjunctive (comes up around twice every year in the dialogue part of the paper). And of course the format for the diary entry and note! I think I'm going to learn off starters and enders to each paragraph of the opinion so that they can work in whatever topic comes up...I'll try and show off my grammer too..dunno how that's gonna turn out though! You only have to write a page for the opinion so waffle waffle waffle! In good spanish of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aoiferz

Try and stick in different tenses (especially the subjunctive) in the opinion piece, they love that. Learn off some general phrases for it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

ugh i hate spanish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 uuhm.

Aoiferz wrote: »
    Try and stick in different tenses (especially the subjunctive) in the opinion piece, they love that. Learn off some general phrases for it too.
    Hai Aoife... -stalkstalkstalk-

:D

uuhm. wrote: »
    Hai Aoife... -stalkstalkstalk-

:D

Who....?:eek:

Aoiferz wrote: »
    Who....?:eek:

Laurizzle, of course!

I cant study spanish! I watched Dora earlier though, so that kiiiiiind of counts..

Totally counts.

*screwed for spanish five*

*fives*

baaam! Ima just read my grammar book, go over a few opinion piece phrases and learn the weather, then hope for the best..

I really don't want to disappoint our bbz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

I'm gonna try all those fancy phrases for the essay, like sin embargo and aunque and consecuentemente. And the past perfect verbs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

I'm told that a few verbs in the subjunctive in the written pieces are pretty much necessary for an honours Higher level student, BUT I think as long as what you have is accurate, don't panic about the subjunctive. One thing I will say is don't use verbs you're unsure of. You will be docked marks for mistakes (duh!) so use what you know. Also, don't just use phrases for the sake of it, make sure they fit and use them sparingly. You don't even need to write a full A4 page, it specifies 80-150 words which would (for me anyway) be about three quarters of a page. No point trying to write loads if it's rubbish! Oh and PROOFREAD! Check your tenses and agreements. Remember, 25% is done and dusted! Suerte! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

I have nothing prepared, but I have a decent amount of spanish so I'll do my best to improvise. :D

Tape will be impossible as usual though.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

I think we could say that for Saíd chapters 3, 4, 7 and 8 won't come up as they've been asked the last four years. Think so yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I've never done Spanish in school but since it's my first language I'm sitting the exam. Is there anything I should know about it?
    I was looking at the structure of the past papers a bit.
    There seems to be a prescribed text or something (prescribed literature), but then the questions don't ask anything that you should know from before?

What questions is everyone doing?

Thanks =]

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

Well you have the choice of doing the prescribed literature or a journalistic text. If you haven't read the book La Aventura de Saíd you'd best stick away from doing it and do the journalistic text instead I think. Other than that if Spanish is your first language you should fly this exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

i goddamn hate the subjunctive. so stupid and unnecessary. the only thing i know is "si fuera posible" "si tuviera suerte" and "espero que no estes". i WILL get these 3 subjunctives in somehow.
    I was looking over the papers, if they give us a dialogue on being sick or on food, i will die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

Would it be a good idea to answer the Said question if i have spare time left even though i never answered it before??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

I'm thinking of dropping down and doing pass spanish tomorrow. I'm so afraid of failing the honours. Think its a wise idea?

Advertisement