Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terra Nova - Fox *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

^ if you'd read interviews you'd know going back in time creates an alternate/new timeline....a new Earth if you will, time branches off so you've got two Earth's going + in 20 million years time that big asteroid hits, but again the producers say they address this and have 20 million years to come up with a sollution.

Also the time portal is perfect for dropping in new characters, ala Lost.
    well the earth has been spinning for 6 billion years, there have been 7 known extinction events, and homosapians have been around for 200,000 years, i think its fair to say that these are gonna be the first people from fringe :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭Talisman

Earth 2 with Dinosaurs and Brannon Braga is involved. How the hell does he still get jobs? He screwed up the Star Trek franchise, Threshold was a disaster, FlashForward was also.

My prediction: After a stunning pilot, the plot lines of the show will be advanced in the final few minutes of each episode, the rest will be pure muck. Cancelled after 13 episodes.

If this dosen't scream JURASSIC PARK i don't know what does?

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/Terra-Nova-cast-image-2.jpg

• Advertisement

IT'S FOOKED!...pushed back! http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/11/fox-pushes-back-terra-nova-to-fall/

hehe --> Terra Nova: It’s so amazing, we can’t even make it! :D

Another British actor for TN, are they saying British actors are better then US ones?

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/rod-hallett-terra-nova/

It looks entertaining as hell and while the idea is far from the most original out there as long as each week provides enough dinosaur vs human moments then I'll be happy.

All the talk that based on it's pilot episode it could be the most expensive show of all time are forgetting that for that initial 20 mill they have sets and a lot of CGI work which can be reused seriously cutting down the budget for sub=sequent episodes.
    Another British actor for TN, are they saying British actors are better then US ones?

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/rod-hallett-terra-nova/

I'm sure that's what they intended rather than simply casting an actor based on his own merit. One of you're more ridiculous posts Richard, right up there with your thoughts on Glee pushing a pro gay message.

One of you're more ridiculous posts Richard, right up there with your thoughts on Glee pushing a pro gay message.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/05/how-terra-nova-butterfly-effect/

^ so?....multiple worlds theory?....a different time stream?, so Earth 2?....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

That's a pretty fooking awful photoshop job up there

So, tomorrow we'll find out just how good (or bad) this show actually is!....two hour premiere, tv version of Jurasic Park?, Primeval?, i'll definately be checking this out...i'd like it to be good as i'd certainly enjoy seeing a dino show.

But it's had major problems and delays, scrpting issues etc. - Fox have ALOT riding on this, they've spent a fortune! [apparently the pilot cost $20 million]...they *need* it to be a major hit to justify the upfront cash they spent.

It's only been given 13 eps. and IF does does get renewed don't expect fresh eps. until next season, but we'll all soon see what's what tomorrow.......

.......will you watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Strangely enough I'm not as excited about this as other fall premieres considering the buzz around it. I will tune in though, if only for Jason O'Mara :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Yeah I'll deffo give this a watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carbarbie

when will this be on irish screens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I think it's next Monday on Sky?

I'm really looking forward to watching the premiere of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Just saw this now, will definitely give it a watch tomorrow when its out looks interesting. Always welcome the idea of dinosaur stuff, hasn't been anything out in a while on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody see this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I liked it, mostly cos I like dinosaurs. I can see the teen boy and young kid annoying me as it goes on, but dinosaurs are cool. Visually, the show is nice and were some nice effects with the Slashers.

Plot wise, the mystery son has some promise, battle with the Sixers and it's left it open for further seasons what with the pilgrimages.

It was a pretty good pilot, better than the other stuff I've seen so far but due to cost etc, it's going to need to do very well in order to keep going. At least it's something different on the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Premise sounds an awful lot like BBC's sci-fi show Outcasts which I gave up on after 3 episodes. I think I'll wait for halfway through Season 1 and see what people think then?

It was pretty decent, very enjoyable in fact....it's a family show, it's not at all dark or gritty, it has some sorta tense scenes....more accurate scense of threat, but it wasn't at all graphic or frightening. Visually....the weakest aspects was the dinos, they look badly rendered, not quite Saturday afternoon Syfy but no where close to those BBC dino shows.

The matte background shots don't look too bad though, most of the cash seems to have been spent on a very large set, extras and vehicles. Tis a pity they didn't infuse more money into a central component of the show, realistic dinosaurs.

Cast wise, i like everyone save for Jim's son....his potential love interest is damn hot!, Jason O' Mara is pretty good in this, Terra Nova despite what PR spin spouted by the producers IS the tv version of Jurassic Park.

There are multiple nods and shots identical to JP, dinos running alongside vehicles in hot persuit, nudging them. Raptor attacks etc., right down to a Veggiesauros being feed.
    In stating this that's not a bad thing or negative about the show, as i expected there are elements of Avatar here, mostly in the form of the soldiers, vehicles and tech and jungle look.

It was entertaining, it looks pretty good, it's a family show, and importantly gave me more then enough to tune in next week.

4/5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Still don't buy that they would be able to breath the atmoshphere that existed 85 millions years ago granted they kinda allude it to being richer in oxygen then they are used to so ill give it a pass for now, otherwise its not bad .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Still don't buy that they would be able to breath the atmoshphere that existed 85 millions years ago granted they kinda allude it to being richer in oxygen then they are used to so ill give it a pass for now, otherwise its not bad .
    i think its best not to be thinking to much into that type of stuff when wacthing this show, ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I quite like it to be fair, but afraid it'll become very predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Different time stream? really? that better not be the real explanation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

VinLieger wrote: »
    Different time stream? really? that better not be the real explanation

Considering the 'Control the past, control the future' line at the end I doubt it. I quite liked it. Enough intrigue and mystery there to keep me coming back.

Advertisement