Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 bikes stolen

• 21-06-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭

HI All,

Just a note for people to keep an eye out for the 2 following bikes stolen after a brake in at my house in Waterford last Wednesday.
    Aftter the B*****ds ransacked the house they used a poker and their feet to kick in the door of my garage and took me and the wife's bikes

Bike 1

Specialized allez 2008 model (large)
    Black with tiagra shifters ,silver Mavic aksium race wheels, Conti Gator skin tyres,BG alias white saddle and black teflon coated cables all round.

Bike 2
    La Pierre s-tech 200 (small)
    Red and White ,Full ultegra SL group set,Ritchey ocr wheels ,Panaracer evo 2 tyres,Deda ladies narrow handle bars (38cm),bg jett ladies specific saddle,BBB carbon seat post,red speed play 0 pedals.

The bikes are so specific I'm not holding out much hope of seeing them in Waterford so I'm putting this nationwide. To top it all we are going to the start of the tour in holland and then down into the ardennes and were ment to be bringing the bikes. How gutted am I?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You can see photos of them herehttp://sportifwaterfordcc.blogspot.com/2010/06/stolen-bikes.html

Pm me if anyone heres anything.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Photos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

He seems to have photos in his link above:
    http://sportifwaterfordcc.blogspot.com/2010/06/stolen-bikes.html

Specialized Allez 2008

Colm%27s+Bike.JPG

With Shimano Clipless pedals,
    Mavic Askium Race Wheels,
    White specialized saddle & black handlebar tape.

La Pierre Stech 200

dee%27s+Bike.JPG

With Ultregra SL Groupset
    Specialized Ladies Saddle
    Speedplay Zero pedals, red
    Ritchey OCR Wheels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Did they take anything else or just the bikes?
    Unusual in the country I would have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Colmhayden76

They took a digital camera , some power tools and a tool box. The bikes with all the modafications are worth about 3000 euros . The camera and other stuff about 500.

What's anoying me as I sit here is that there is some little scrubber going about on the la pierre which he bought off a bloke for 50 quid as neither of them would have a clue on their value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

What's anoying me as I sit here is that there is some little scrubber going about on the la pierre which he bought off a bloke for 50 quid as neither of them would have a clue on their value.

I feel for you, mate. I had a nice racer that I had spent years and a lot of money getting just right, and one night I had to go into town to meet a girl and it was nicked. It was probably the most frustratingly angry I've been in my life.

If I was the sort to believe in gods and devils, I'd say there'd be a special circle in hell for bike theives.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Colm it'd be worthwhile checking out some car boot sales over the next few weekends, the tools will end up there if they haven't been sold on already.

Advertisement