Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a monitor.

Options
  • 21-06-2010 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a good monitor for around 300-400eur.
    I don't want anything too big 21-24inch should be enough.
    I want something with HD. Good for playing PS3 games on and watching HD bluray movies. Something with a good clear picture, fast response time for the games and movies and good contrast.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I'd say you could half you budget and get a fairly good quality LG or Samsung Synchmaster. Prices would be in the ballbark of about 140 for a 21" up to about 240 Euro or so for a 24", slight price variations depending on the number of HDMI ports etc.

I have this 22" LG myself very happy with the quality for gaming and movies, only one HDMI input so you may be looking for more than that, fine for me presonally as I use the DVI for my PC so the HDMI is spare for the Xbox.

http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/16_MONITOR/03_MONITOR/productdetails/10020460/LG_W2261V_PF_LCD_display_TFT_22__/W2261VP_PF/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

It maybe a stupid question but do you need to pay TV license for a monitor?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It maybe a stupid question but do you need to pay TV license for a monitor?

No definately not just for the computer monitor. I do know that in the UK, if your PC had a TV card then you would have to buy a TV license, however I am not sure if this is the case in ireland at the moment, my suspicion would be that it is.

Advertisement