Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

steyr aug a1 CQB/short barrel

• 21-06-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Does anyone know where i could get the short barrel for an aug? or if anyone even makes it yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Does anyone know where i could get the short barrel for an aug? or if anyone even makes it yet?

Think most make their own. If you go ultra short its simple enough IIRC:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

I think Ive seen a few with the barrell just simply cut down to the prefered lenght although I wouldnt recommend it until you talk to somebody whos actually done it.

As I am not sure what it would actually do to your rifles accuracy and stuff

Took a while but I found the fecker, can never spell his name right and Arnies wont search.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=137564

Its all there:)

EDIT: This is relevant too.
    2061007128_5b4130a04f_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Took a while but I found the fecker, can never spell his name right and Arnies wont search.

Very nice pic

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheLastFreeNoob

nice kit thanks guys =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

That's Hedganian's "Project AUG"...

Here's my Evil Stubby Bastard AUG
    DSCF0935.jpg
    DSCF0945-1.jpg

All it takes is a hacksaw for the outer barrel and a pipe cutter for the inner barrel.

When using the pipe cutter on the inner, only tighten it be fractional amounts each time (1/4 turn tops) to avoid distorting the barrel. Crown it with a nice sharp countersink and Bob's your mother's brother....

looks good but I've only one barrel and I want to keep it =P I can't seem to be able to remove the metal front end of the barrel =S I can get the inner barrel out but I can't get the outer barrel off. I have a JG steyr aug any ideas?

Just bear in mind that that stubby of mine has a 400mm inner barrel - longer than an M4, in a gun the size of a P90! ;)

The outer barrel is held on by a grub screw which is above the foregrip. Remove the grip and you'll see a grub screw directly above it (1mm or 1.5mm can't remember which!). Just loosen it off a bit and the barrel should easily come free of the gas block...

I'll look and see if I have a spare outer barrel for you to play with... You could always swap out the outer barrel and inner barrel fairly easily when you feel like changing (providing you get another inner barrel and hopup). Not as handy as swapping a whole barrel group but at least you've still got the option (since spare barrel groups are like hens teeth - no you can't have one of mine! :P )

Alright thanks man =P I've been looking everywhere to find out how to get it off and couldn't find anything thank god for boards =P

Just had a look in the spares box, no spare outer barrels left I'm afraid....

• Advertisement

Did you make up that mag yourself Tread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

To make the CQB barrel, you need two parts from eHobby.

1) ACTION Silencer Adaptor for Marui AUG Series (14mm, CCW), part number A-AD-01, USD 5.99
    2) Systema BS 6.04mm Barrel for XM177E2 / M4A1 / SIG551 (363mm), part number Z-09-30, USD 34.99

Remove the outer barrel and inner barrel sleeve and set them aside. You'll need to remove the front grip to get at the tiny grub screw that hides at the bottom of the socket. Don't lose it. Attach the adaptor to the gas block, and the flash hider to the adaptor. Replace the 509mm inner barrel with the 363mm one and reassemble. The inner barrel will fit into the flash hider, so you don't need the sleeve.

This post shows what you'll end up with.

While you're ordering from ehobby, it's always a good idea to throw in a Guarder hop-up and a spare spigot for the front grip since you have to pay the postage anyway.
    "there's four basic barrel patterns for the AUG: standard rifle barrel is 508 mm (~20 in) long. "Carbine" barrel is 407 mm (16 in) long, "Compact" or "Submachine gun" barrel is 350 mm (13.8 in) long, and the heavy / LMG (light machine gun) barrel is 621 mm (24.4 in) long."

http://world.guns.ru

The compact barrel for the AUG is quite rare in the real world. I've seen photos of the Austrian police using it, but few others do. Most mechanised troops use the Carbine version, and to make an airsoft one would involve cutting the outer barrel or having one machined for you. I'm not aware of anyone selling it as an aftermarket piece.

And Belgian:)
    14523.jpg

EDIT: Smaller image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Thats a great collection posted above, I must get an AUG, I quite like the look of them. I'd love to see someone do the 9mm smg kit for the AUG

AUG%209mm%2001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Actually I think that's the 9mm version that the Belgian cop is using, going by the mag and the third photo down in this post. Here's the Austrian photo set... 7th & 8th photos down.

And I can tell you that the compliance hold in the second photo is fcuking painful.

Did you make up that mag yourself Tread?

Aye - 550 round highcap...

Looks like that Belgian copper is using a 9mm... I have a plan for the 9mm barrel if anyone's handy with a lathe... you'll need to remove the gasplug from the gasblock fro the accurate look... One of these days I'll get around to doing a 9mm magwell - anyone care to donate a uzi mag to the cause?? ;)

Treadhead wrote: »
    Just had a look in the spares box, no spare outer barrels left I'm afraid....

Alright thanks anyway man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Get an MP5 K silencer adapter and screw it into the hole left when you remove the outter barrel from under the forward grip. Then stick whatever silencer or flash hider ya like, it'll be as short as its ever gonna get, yet still have a barrel a little larger than an M4. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Speaking of Airsoft AUG's the JG airsoft AUG was always
    around 160-180 Euros price range. Seeing a Price increase on some of the Irish Retailers webpages. Not sure
    if JG prices are going up or if its due to shortage of stock world wide.

€160.00 (expected price range)
    €229.95 (Little Pricey for JG brand)
    €249.00 (Little Pricey for JG brand )
    €299.99 (brand not specified on website looks like ASG/CA)
    €319.99 (ASG/Classic Army) (2 different stores have same price)

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

bullets wrote: »
    Speaking of Airsoft AUG's the JG airsoft AUG was always
    around 160-180 Euros price range. Seeing a Price increase on some of the Irish Retailers webpages. Not sure
    if JG prices are going up or if its due to shortage of stock world wide.

€160.00 (expected price range)
    €229.95 (Little Pricey for JG brand)
    €249.00 (Little Pricey for JG brand )
    €299.99 (brand not specified on website looks like ASG/CA)
    €319.99 (ASG/Classic Army) (2 different stores have same price)

~B

Are you looking at the AUG A3 by any chance? They are more expensive than the A1/A2 as they have better internals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I think it's just the clampdown in China is slowing down the amount of guns reaching distributors and there's alot of demand for the few that get to Europe so the price goes up for the retailers and they have to pass it on, so in summary...it's China's fault:P

Advertisement