Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got kids and a wife

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Omg thats the funniest thing ever !

"The mitchelin man gone on vacation to mardi gra ! amazing "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

levitronix wrote: »
    "The mitchelin man gone on vacation to mardi gra ! amazing "

"You shave your legs and your boobs are larger and softer than mine."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

it's funny 'cause it's true.

• Advertisement

tunney wrote: »
    "You shave your legs and your boobs are larger and softer than mine."

i havent lower myself yet to that one but im sure i ll get it a few years, best i got so far was " if you were not dressed like a idiot going out the door id be convinced your having an affair "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Seriously, what tactics to people on here employ to get the leave pass? I m new to the whole concept, was always single so never an issue. Now have girlfriend witha kid due in a few weeks

I reckon the swapsie method might be the best way forward eg. i'll go for a spin saturday morning and babysit the afternoon while you go get your hair done.... on me.

or a spin in return for a few horrible chores.

or loudly turning down phone invites to the pub from the lads

or impromtu acts of generosity

don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to being a dad and doing all the dad things but i'll go cracked if i don't get some pedaling in.

any ingenius tips from an old hand?

McTigs wrote: »
    Seriously, what tactics to people on here employ to get the leave pass? I m new to the whole concept, was always single so never an issue. Now have girlfriend witha kid due in a few weeks

I reckon the swapsie method might be the best way forward eg. i'll go for a spin saturday morning and babysit the afternoon while you go get your hair done.... on me.

or a spin in return for a few horrible chores.

or loudly turning down phone invites to the pub from the lads

or impromtu acts of generosity

don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to being a dad and doing all the dad things but i'll go cracked if i don't get some pedaling in.

any ingenius tips from an old hand?

I had thought similar to yourself but what I hadn't counted on was that I don't *want* to go out on the bike for hours at the weekend and miss the prime smiles and giggles time that is saturday and sunday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

All rules are suspended for new baby time. You can't really piss off for hours on end and you probably won't want to. However, life will settle into a (very different) equilibrium after a few months of chaos and escape becomes possible again. It's all about give and take. I don't do the whole buying presents and "go and get your hair done" schtick (she probably would think I was having an affair then) but she goes out running a fair bit and I don't moan when she heads out for an afternoon's shopping or for drinks with her friends. I do my sunday morning spin, my post-kid's bedtime trips to the pub and my pilgrimages to Croker and Parnell Park. Just don't be selfish and there should be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Ye're probably right, a spin will likely be the furthest thing from my mind for a few months, and rightly so.

Dust will settle and water will find it's own level and with a bit of imagination i'm sure i'll be squeezing out a spin here an there in time.

jeez tis easy panic wha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It's best to have zero expectations of getting out, then being pleasantly surprised.

I find a good approach is the literalist strategy.

For example:

(6am, baby is crying again)
    Her: your turn
    You: (grunt, turn over and go back to sleep)
    Her: (shouting) you're completely useless! you may as well not be here!
    You: (springing out of bed, wearing full cycling kit) Thanks! See you in six hours!

I suggested a trailer for my bike and taking the baby with me.
    No go seemingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

tunney wrote: »
    I had thought similar to yourself but what I hadn't counted on was that I don't *want* to go out on the bike for hours at the weekend and miss the prime smiles and giggles time that is saturday and sunday morning.

You've gone soft!!

alfalad wrote: »
    You've gone soft!!

Certainly around the mid section I have :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

When the twins were infants I happily dragged my corpulent frame over the exposed climb of Kilakee and the Sally Gap in wind rain hail and snow.
    It was that or stay at home and listen to their infernal crying. As I am absolutely useless with babies my missus preferred this.

Now that they are older it is more difficult to get out.

ROK ON wrote: »
    When the twins were infants I happily dragged my corpulent frame over the exposed climb of Kilakee and the Sally Gap in wind rain hail and snow.
    It was that or stay at home and listen to their infernal crying. As I am absolutely useless with babies my missus preferred this.

Now that they are older it is more difficult to get out.

I've had Aoibhe on the computrainer. She is mildly amused for a little bit until she realises she is soaked and cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

My five year old is showing promise. He has only been cycling for a couple of months and he wants to race anything with a pulse. If I can get him up to 100km or so before the summer's out, I'm golden.

Advertisement