Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin 2016: Back to Basics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Great stuff, you're a fine jogger indeed.

Just f&ckin stop texting me first thing in the morning!

Edit: How the hell did that sunglasses thing get up there??? This log is haunted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Well done Dave - nice gritty performance, too early to ask what's next?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Man Dave, honest enjoyable account, great running. The marathon race is your baby.
    I (JC) wished I was as quick as the JC you met on Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Well done Dave - nice gritty performance, too early to ask what's next?

Yes :) Taking easy for a few weeks. Have a week long work course, holidays and a work trip to Brazil all within the next 6 weeks so will tick over until after then and then make some plans.
    Abhainn wrote: »
    Man Dave, honest enjoyable account, great running. The marathon race is your baby.
    I (JC) wished I was as quick as the JC you met on Sunday :)

I (Dave) also wish, I was also as quick as JC! Hairy bastard like him. One of the lads told me today that over the last 10k I passed 50 odd runners and was only passed by one person. Soon as he mentioned it I knew who the one was. He is the chosen one :) Great stuff yourself. You always run very well in London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

One of the lads told me today that over the last 10k I passed 50 odd runners and was only passed by one person. Soon as he mentioned it I knew who the one was. He is the chosen one :) Great stuff yourself. You always run very well in London.

Yeah, you can get that and a variety of others stats here http://www.runpix4.com/arace8/10/lon15/dge.php

Surprisingly I passed 125 over the last 7.2k and got passed by only 119.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yeah, you can get that and a variety of others stats here http://www.runpix4.com/arace8/10/lon15/dge.php

Surprisingly I passed 125 over the last 7.2k and got passed by only 119.

Passed 373, passed by 44.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done again on Sunday Dave. Nice to meet you on The coal hole and a good bit of craic was had. Enjoy the reverse carb loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

Well done again, savage running.

Well done again, savage running.

You too a 17 minute PB to go sub 3 for the first time probably trumps us all :) well done again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Don't let this go totally, will you ? We need the odd tale from the tub or even from the kiddie's paddling pool if the weather is right :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭NetwerkErrer

kit3 wrote: »
    Don't let this go totally, will you ? We need the odd tale from the tub or even from the kiddie's paddling pool if the weather is right :)

Jaysus!:eek: I'm not sure I could handle the low waterline. TTTT already paints a disturbing enough image as it is.

Jaysus!:eek: I'm not sure I could handle the low waterline. TTTT already paints a disturbing enough image as it is.

Now now, don't spoil it for the rest of us ;)

Don't let this go totally, will you ?

I'm in two minds whether to keep this going in the short term. I first started logging training here a few years back to help keep me motivated and honest. At first I got some great advice and also some great criticisms, but over time the posters involved have disappeared or don't post that frequently any more. I don't mind logging stuff for the sake of it, as it's nice to have a digital record of my training and race results particularly for recent marathons. But in another sense I feel like I'm mickey waving, saying, "look at me!"

But as I said above logging does keep me a little honest but I'm thinking of maybe changing tack slightly. I'm considering starting a 5k/10k training thread in a couple of weeks, a hybrid of the DCM novice marathon thread (except not just for novices) and ecoli's continuity thread. Maybe posting suggested training sessions/paces over a 3 month period with the view of peaking for 5k/10k in October. The goal would be to make it all inclusive and use a simple tool like McMillian to help people figure out what paces they should be roughly running reps at. Will keep me honest as I'll post sessions and people can follow if they wish. Hopefully it will also get some input from other people and they will let me know if sessions look good etc.

That sounds really interesting - go for it ! By the way, no problem with Mickey waving (figuratively speaking of course :cool:)

Edit - only joking about the Mickey waving - great to get an insight into what you do & how you get there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

That sounds really interesting - go for it ! :)

+ 1, be great for the non marathoners to have something like this to focus on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

That sounds really interesting - go for it ! By the way, no problem with Mickey waving (figuratively speaking of course :cool:)

Edit - only joking about the Mickey waving - great to get an insight into what you do & how you get there :)

+1 to this. Really enjoy getting the insight from logs and training like this. Also very interested in the idea of that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Wrap it up whatever way you like but this is a serious case of Ninja Beer Mile training as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Sure a small bit of your small mickey waving does no harm :)

I think it important for the collective to have faster/better runners log, it's informative to see the type of training ye guys do.

Don't can it just yet Ricky

TbL

tunguska wrote: »
    It kind of just went the way of banter and Penis homour. Although to be fair it was funny
    In fairness, it was 20% penis humour and 80% training! Not that my penis is funny mind you ;)

While there has been a bit of penis humour (& it's been good craic & funny) I follow your log more for the training details. It may not always seem that way because, while I feel comfortable with & enjoy the banter, I wouldn't know enough about the training aspects to comment on that. Think the banter might have taken off a bit when you were complaining about the lack of traffic on your log a while back & said you wanted to spice it up a bit :rolleyes: If that's putting you off logging I'm sure we could ignore your penis/bath time antics from now on. Don't stop

Think the banter might have taken off a bit when you were complaining about the lack of traffic on your log a while back & said you wanted to spice it up a bit :rolleyes: If that's putting you off logging I'm sure we could ignore your penis/bath time antics from now on. Don't stop

yes I turned my log into the fifty shades of grey of boards.ie to increase traffic :pac:

I'll start logging again soon and try leave out the juvenile humour. I never realised tunguska was such a sensitive soul ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

But as I said above logging does keep me a little honest but I'm thinking of maybe changing tack slightly. I'm considering starting a 5k/10k training thread in a couple of weeks, a hybrid of the DCM novice marathon thread (except not just for novices) and ecoli's continuity thread. Maybe posting suggested training sessions/paces over a 3 month period with the view of peaking for 5k/10k in October. The goal would be to make it all inclusive and use a simple tool like McMillian to help people figure out what paces they should be roughly running reps at. Will keep me honest as I'll post sessions and people can follow if they wish. Hopefully it will also get some input from other people and they will let me know if sessions look good etc.

or do this, that way you get those of us who would be shy to comment on your actual training, commenting more on a log like this, might be cool too if there's a handful with a 5k or 10K goal not doing a marathon who could be part of a group thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

yes I turned my log into the fifty shades of grey of boards.ie to increase traffic :pac:

I'll start logging again soon and try leave out the juvenile humour. I never realised tunguska was such a sensitive soul ;)

You take me up wrong. I really enjoy the juvenile humour and penis jokes. I was just saying that the difference between your log and others is the humour. But thats a good thing. Theres some logs that are painful to read, theyre so devoid of any personality or humour, it would be a tragedy for that to happen here. I think people feel free to say what they want on this log, it just happens to involve references to male genitals thats all..........Exhibit A:

Sure a small bit of your small mickey waving does no harm :)

This was well pre 50 shades - will find it for you later if you don't believe me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

This was well pre 50 shades - will find it for you later if you don't believe me ;)

Don't lie kit - you have it bookmarked :) he was obviously inspired by the literary 50 shades for his own writing piece, they have been around a while now.

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    Don't lie kit - you have it bookmarked :) he was obviously inspired by the literary 50 shades for his own writing piece, they have been around a while now.

Ha, now there's a thought ! It was more of a rant - the racy stuff came later ;) Must go run & might find it for you later :)

find it or it didn't happen!

Later (much later!) - when all mundane household chores are done ;)

Below is a flavour of where it all started to go wrong - 27 April, 2013 for those of you who care :)

TRR wrote: »
    Funny you mention this, I was looking at total views per log the other day and I'm way down the list. Like WTF, this log should be the first place all you losers go to. I'm actually thinking of discontinuing it as it's not getting the love it deserves! Your bleedin' bird has twice the views of my running oracle. Jesus, I just checked again and you have 10,000 more views than me!

Fcuk sake
    digger2d2 wrote: »
    Well, get working on your log rather than hanging around my gaff all night drinking tea and eating my biscuits :D
    Exclusivity TRR. Coronation st is popular. The x factor is popular ;)
    TRR wrote: »
    Since I started this log I've ran 3 * sub 2.40 marathons, sub 75 min half, a 55 min 10 mile a 33 min 10k and I'm 10,000 hits behind the Jimmy Saville of Boards.ie. I need to look at sexing this bad boy up. I'll be documenting my bedroom antics from now on.
    Hahaha

'hard session last night. Had company for this one which helped. Plan was a long slow one but lost control of pace and it turned into fast reps. Pulled up early. Most unsatisfactory.' :)

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Can I just ask who the fook is TRR_ismyjesus
    Just want to make sure you are signed up for the turd fan club!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Can I just ask who the fook is TRR_ismyjesus
    Just want to make sure you are signed up for the turd fan club!

It's TRR_ismyjusus :pac:

Advertisement