Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin 2016: Back to Basics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Disappointed to find out now that it's actually County Cork you are competing in

Ah, but they're staying in Limerick so that makes up for it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Ah, but they're staying in Limerick so that makes up for it:)

Don't ever do a race where you have to rely on your map reading skills !

kit3 wrote: »
    Don't ever do a race where you have to rely on your map reading skills !

Don't need a map Kit;) The Deebert hotel is in Kilmallock, I know it well.

The race is in Charleville.

Don't need a map Kit;) The Deebert hotel is in Kilmallock, I know it well.

The race is in Charleville.

Ha, caught !! Bit of old world charm there TRR - does Davedanon know what he's in for ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Ha, caught !! Bit of old world charm there TRR - does Davedanon know what he's in for ??

I don't know what kit can be alluding to there. 6 miles from hotel to charleville, according to google maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

crap, that's usually code for a hotel that needs serious renovation!

We'll only have eyes for each other, though. The surroundings won't matter.

davedanon wrote: »
    I don't know what kit can be alluding to there. 6 miles from hotel to charleville, according to google maps.

Just TRR's comment about a romantic weekend with you :)

Looks nice actually - romantic setting I'd say :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

• Advertisement

Chivito550 wrote: »

Thanks but I spent nearly 4 months in South Carolina as a student and it wouldn't be somewhere I'd be rushing back to :)

We'll only have eyes for each other, though. The surroundings won't matter.

Ffs, first TBL & Tang and now you two - there must be a Boards couple of the year award this year !!

Thursday: 10 miles @ 6.35 pace. Literally had 80 minutes to get changed, run, showered, dressed and make my way to a meeting. Would have liked to do a session but hadn't the time and I had also eaten quite close to this unexpected window opening up. Just went with it and didn't bother keep an eye on the pace. Solid run on trail (mostly). This run was a bonus as doubted I was going to get out the way things were going early in the day.

Friday: 7 miles @ 7.30ish pace. Watch was acting the maggot so not sure of splits. Had planned on running further but was delayed getting out.

Saturday: 9 miles total with parkrun in 16.56. Not too happy with this one. Planned on running 16.30. I went through half way of last weeks 10k in 16.40 so just wanted to get a bit of a blow out before next weekend. Wind was a factor and I was also solo but this felt an awful lot harder than 16.56. I really pushed the first mile as it's quite a fast one but the split (5.23) didn't reflect the effort. If I hadn't have ran a decent 10k last week I'd be a bit worried.

Sunday: 12 miles @ 6.50 pace. Was shocked how good this run felt. Was at a wedding all day yesterday and ate and drank like a king. Was expecting a slog of shame today but felt great from the start. Had to continually put the brakes on and would have gone a bit further but once again I was caught for time.

So I mentioned last week that this week would be a bit hit and miss. It was and I'm disappointed not to have got a session in. There wasn't a chance of me doing it before Wednesday as I was still recovering from the 10k and time was against me later in the week. 5k yesterday was a concern but feck all I can do now bar get the body and mind sorted for next weekends half marathon.

Thursday: 10 miles @ 6.35 pace.

Better than my pb. Swine.

Better than my pb. Swine.

ha, it's all relative. I was looking at runs from lads faster than me on strava earlier in the week and was thinking the same about them :)

Monday: 8.5 miles @ 7.20 pace. Easy run along the canal and grounds of Carton house. Nice run and the terrain was easy on the legs.

Tuesday: 7 miles including 5 * 1k with 2 mins recovery. Average 3.18 for these. Wanted a bit of a work out without over stretching myself before Sunday's race. These felt ok. Was feeling a bit lethargic but was happy with the times.

Wednesday: 8 miles @ 7.05 pace. Nice run nearly entirely on grass in Corkagh park. Felt crap doing this. Stopped off in the park on the way home from work. Was genuinely considering heading home but knew I'd regret it if I did. Was fine after a mile or so. Was fine physically but mentally I would have rathered not run. Was wrecked last night and fell asleep watching the minions with the kids

Thursday: 7 miles with 3 * 1 miles @ half marathon pace. Similar story to yesterday. Not in the mood for this at all but knew I needed to have a small workout before the weekend. Aerobically these were fine but legs are still feeling a bit lethargic.

Will take it super handy the next two days and hope the legs start to feel a bit better before the weekend. Nothing majorly wrong with them and I expect them to be 100% come Sunday. Have made some small revisions to my time goals and have decided to be a little more conservative than I had first planned. Might be a bit of a cop out but I really don't want to blow a gasket. I have an idea how I'm going to run and if all goes to plan I should still be in with a shout of running a PB.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck

+1, hope it goes well TRR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Best of luck Ricky, hope you hit your target.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Good luck TRR.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Best of luck on Sunday Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭smmoore79

All the best, hopefully we both nail solid pb's! !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Dont Fc*k it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Best of luck Dave, hope you get a pb your in shape to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Best of luck TRR.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Good luck in Charleville. Jebuz should keep you honest :)

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Good luck in Charleville. Jebuz should keep you honest :)

yeah, I plan on tailing him and trying to convince him to bring me on holiday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Best of luck.

All the best man! Looking forward to see how it goes for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Best of luck in the morning TRR!

Advertisement