Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

envirofone etc

Options
  • 21-06-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

I have a few phones to sell to a website like envirofone or similar.

Does anyone have any experiences of using any of these websites, and if so how did you find them to deal with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

You will probably get a better price using www.adverts.ie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

money4urmobile paid me in about a week.

Environfone are allegedly erratic and sluggish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I have heard tales of dodgyness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I had my money from envirofone within a week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

First time with Envirophone a few years ago they were awful, it dragged on for months putting money onto an Argos card. A few months ago, I had my money in a week, using Paypal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭raeGten

I sold an N95 and a couple of Sony Ericsson phones (can't remember the exact models off hand...sorry). They dragged their heals a little on the N95 but after maybe 2 or 3 weeks they confirmed the sale and sent me a cheque for 125euro. I got mabe 25 for one of the sonys and 12 for the other. The cheaper one had a cracked screen so you can't complain.

A few weeks after that my wife sold five phones through them. All Sony Ericssons and mainly cheaper older models. She's more prown to dropping her phones than I am and for some reason our dog has a real taste for her phones and not for mine. That either means he prefers her or he's more scared of me (!). So for the five phones she go a cheque for maybe 80 euro. A couple of them just had zero value so Envirophone just "disposed of them in an environmentally friendly fashion".

They could be quicker at confirming the sale and getting the cheque out but personally I don't have a problem with them. The money was meant to go towards a Desire with 3 but THERE'S a company that really neads to get it's act together...still waiting for a launch date!!

Advertisement