Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bischon friesse

Options
  • 21-06-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hi all my mam has decided it's time too part with her dog a year old male bischon with the snip.She has decided she wants rid because he is no good near kids or other dogs and she minds her grand kids in the house

Her vet told her to put him down as he is aggressive but im sure he would make a great pet for a single person with no kids who likes to walk as he loves walking

What should i do??On friday if he's not gone the vet is going to put him down??

She got him as a 1 year old nightmare and put a year into him he is after coming on loads but just does not like kids or dogs :(:(:(:(

If i find him a home am i liable for anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭salsagal

Please Please Please Please try getting the dog into a no-kill shelter rather than letting the vet have his evil way.

I'm sure someone somewhere will want to take him on as a 'challenge' given time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Please contact some rescues and ask them to take him in. Im sure there are some child and dog free homes that would be willing to take him on. But please be honest and explain to them about all his history and problems. Im not sure if you would be liable if something happened, but I doubt it as you would no longer be the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Would she not try training classes?? Get help from a professional? It could be something she's doing without realising.

If not then I would second the idea of a no kill shelter. Unless the little guy is biting all the time there is hope for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Just realised today is friday, what was the outcome of this? Is the dog safe or has he been pts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ngoyvaerts

Hey,

I've a Bichon frise myself and he's the calmest thing in the world. When we got him first though he was always restless and nibbling at things, he grew out of this though after around two years. They're great guard dogs, well, they give the impression that there's a larger dog on the premises with they're loud barks.

My older brother got one there not so long ago and he's got the same sorta issues. She's a restless little git! But she'll calm down in time. She's gone through her first heat so we're planning to let them breath.

Anyway, if the poor little guy isn't rid of yet, maybe consider holding onto him a bit longer. They do tend to calm down. My estate is now full of them after we got Pierre and they all seem to be such family friendly.

Nathan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Hi all i got the dog rehomed in carlow on the thursday :D sorry for late reply

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭salsagal

That's GREAT to hear!!!

Well done for putting in the effort, rather than let the vet take the 'easy' option.

Hope his new owners are in it for the long term!

Advertisement