Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share your secret spots!

Options
  • 21-06-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭

So I'm trying to decide where might be nice around the city and surrounding area to go for a bit of a stroll this evening, given the weather, might even bring the camera if the scenery is nice, but I can't really think of anywhere to go.

So come on GC boardsies, where do ye go for walks, where's nice, where has a good view, where should I go!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

but I can't really think of anywhere to go.
    then come to training ya skiver!! hehe

Merlin Woods?
    or that woods place back in Knocknacarra..think it links up with Barna woods or amybe all called Barna Woods?
    Knocknagooneen Hill back in Silver Strand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

I would share them,but.... They are my secret.

I don't want every Tom,Dick and Harry floating about my secret spots when i'm with the missus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The Circular Road gives you probably the best view of the town if your interested in that. If you take a stroll into one of the estates there's a green on a hill and the view is amazing.

Alternatively depending on the time of day you could go to Bridgets Garden which is out past Moycullen. Its not much, but its a nice little walk I guess.

Oughterard is always nice.

In the city itself. You could walk up past Corrible village along the river side.

The Prom is an obvious one.

Renmore Beach isn't all that nice but it's an option. I kind of like the walk around the estates at Cluain Richoard. Think it's kind of cool having the green hills behind you and the big stand and North Point off in the distance in front.

I used to walk along Lough Atalia, down past the docks over to Spanish Arch, down past the Salt House up Dominick Street and then at Henry Street take the walk along the canal to the university and come back past the cathedral then again..but whatever floats your boat. It's a nice place to walk...if nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

I hear that the magic roundabout and magic junction are beautiful at this time of year!

+1 for up beyond corrib village

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Mr.Mister wrote: »
    I would share them,but.... They are my secret.

I don't want every Tom,Dick and Harry floating about my secret spots when i'm with the missus :)

Especially with a name like Pope Buckfast....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galwaymother

There's a beautiful little road in Menlo past the Castle...It's short, but very sweet, and most often deserted. Hope it's stays that way, though I'm being contradictory there!
    There are many walks around that whole area, with the lake and river as background :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I used to go walking in Merlin/Uncleen(sp?) woods, and Ballyloughnane beach. They weren't really too crowded,even on a good day.

Advertisement