Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

goldfish.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

It might be until the third or fourth week of january but it would be worth it. Let us know if you've any other questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Dont bother looking for a Drogheda area number, they will assign you an Ardee number then not bother replying to email and carry on invoicing you.

What happens when you choose a Drogheda number?

I see they have a Drogheda number for example 041 2130307 which is identified by Comreg as a Drogheda number. I have searched this number through the comreg numbering search and it has been assigned to Digiweb.

If you are still being billed you can do a charge back through your bank if you can't cancel it online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭AndyJB

Mylow wrote: »
    Dont bother looking for a Drogheda area number, they will assign you an Ardee number then not bother replying to email and carry on invoicing you.

Morning,

Did you call their support line? What did they say? I've cancelled a few unneeded numbers with them and I never had any problems.

Happy New Year!
    AJB

Hi Ajb,

How did you get on with the goldfish port?

How do you find the call quality since moving?

• Advertisement

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Hi Ajb,

How did you get on with the goldfish port?

How do you find the call quality since moving?

Mornin' Mr Grumpy,

The porting went like clock work. Went live 20th Dec, only took about 24hrs. The quality is perfect for both in/outbound calls. My son is a netflix user and when he's watching power rangers on my android the VoIP QoS is perfect. The biggest tester that's passed the service is my wife, she's not even noticed any change.

I give GoldFish 5 Stars++ and would have no hesitation recommending them to anyone. Prior to my porting I've been with them 2 or 3 years with Irl and UK business numbers and never had a prob.

Regards
    AJB

Thanks. As a matter of interest have you saved much in comparison to your landline provider?

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Thanks. As a matter of interest have you saved much in comparison to your landline provider?

Hi,
    Fixed line call rates are fine, but like all operators the Irish mobile costs are the painful part. Generally due to the mobile operators fleecing anyone that terminates/delivers a call into their Irish networks from a non-mobile. When I can, I only call mobiles from my own mobile. I get the calls as part of an inclusive tariff.

Prices as per their website this morning......
    Calls to Ireland land lines (peak / off-peak per min) 1.8 cent / 1.2 cent
    Calls to UK land lines (peak / off-peak per min) 1.5 cent / 1 cent

Calls to Ireland mobiles (peak / off-peak per min) 17 cent / 10 cent
    Calls to UK mobiles from (peak / off-peak per min) 17 cent / 10 cent

I'm about to get another 2 numbers and it'll only cost me 40 cent extra as they offer a 5 number bundle for €10 per month ex Vat. The equivalent with any fixed line operator would cost considerably more.

Regards,
    AJB

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

AndyJB wrote: »
    Mornin' Mr Grumpy,

The porting went like clock work. Went live 20th Dec, only took about 24hrs. The quality is perfect for both in/outbound calls. My son is a netflix user and when he's watching power rangers on my android the VoIP QoS is perfect. The biggest tester that's passed the service is my wife, she's not even noticed any change.

I give GoldFish 5 Stars++ and would have no hesitation recommending them to anyone. Prior to my porting I've been with them 2 or 3 years with Irl and UK business numbers and never had a prob.
    AJB

+1, so far. Mine is complex, local Irish number ported to VOIP/Goldfish and another handset in France. Best bit was they dealt with Voda - I was sick and tired of trying to get them to take down a total con 'tariff plan' which cost me a fortune. Then I moved to VOIP and bingo!

BarryM wrote: »
    +1, so far. Mine is complex, local Irish number ported to VOIP/Goldfish and another handset in France. Best bit was they dealt with Voda - I was sick and tired of trying to get them to take down a total con 'tariff plan' which cost me a fortune. Then I moved to VOIP and bingo!

And no suprises there either ;). Make sure qos is setup on your router and your laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

How are people finding Goldfish?

My dad has still a landline.

That said - broadband is not great in the area.

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    How are people finding Goldfish?

My dad has still a landline.

That said - broadband is not great in the area.

Grand for me, but if BB is 'poor' then the options for VOIP are likely to be poor also.

What does he mean by not great? Any Ookla data?

Have you compared landline v VOIP?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

Cant comment on Goldfish, but I have been using Blueface since 2017, service is good and I have 2 different numbers, 1 Dublin number and 1 London number ( I run a small business from home) Having decent BB is a major factor for line quality, but havent run into an serious issues. It has worked for me fine over the years and a simple phonecall to their tech support normally fixes any minor issues.

Just a quick follow-up, my cc was compromised (I'll never give out a cc number over the phone again, I know I shouldn't have but it was urgent...) and had to change the cc. As a result my Goldfish sub was rejected.... I got a VERY polite message, phoned them and was advised to use their secure cc change facility. Worked a dream.

Advertisement