Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimated gas bill

Options
  • 21-06-2010 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody explain to me how estimations work? I lived in a place for approximately 4 months, we always kept up with our bills and paid on time. I was living in my mates parents house at the time, his parents are very ill so they have only got on to me now about the last period of billing. I have asked them every so often if they would send the bills. One was for ESB for €85 euro, the other was a bill for the gas for €220, no meter readings were taken on entering the house or leaving it, but I find that this bill for €220 is crazy high. It would have been for Feb and March, I know we had a very cold period, but the bill is an "estimation" so is there any way we could get the true price for that period? We don't have a lot of money and don't want to spend more than what we owe.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Just call them with the actual reading and they'll adjust it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Ste.phen wrote: »
    Just call them with the actual reading and they'll adjust it

Even if it was 2-3 months ago? Can they still do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

Ah yeah, it shouldn't be a problem. Ring them with exact dates and they should be able to give you proper numbers. The ESB are fairly easy to deal with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

It was a Gas bill though, and they are horrible to deal with :P

Well, we have come to the conclusion that the gas was estimated and due to the cold weather the bill was very high. Now we didn't use much in the last month, which was march as it wasn't that bad at all. Febuary, I forget what the weather was like, but my mate was not living with us then. He lived with us over the winter though. Anyway, difficult to explain but we are sorting something out. As it was estimated, I got stung with paying the larger amount, through nobodies fault, he will pay his share for when he was in the house, but we have to calculate this. I think we will have to... eh.. estimate what his share was and agree on a price that's fair to all. Damn estimated bills. Normally I wouldn't mind, I pay my dues but it was extremely high and I am really low on cash :(

Advertisement