Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish broadband breeze 4mb/4mb any good?

• 21-06-2010 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

irish broadband breeze has just become available to me, whats the latest on their packages? any good?

its €55 monthly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

It has a relatively high ping, and is not exactly 100% reliable. I used it a few years ago (1mb connection) and there was connection problems caused by a tree branch interferring with the signal, fog & smoke from a chimney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

If you can get it... then get it.
    If they try sell you their WiMAX product, tell them you want Breeze for the 4mbit upload speed.

I have Breeze at home, and its flawless.
    Ping results are fantastic... Take a look at these pings to boards.ie

--- loadbalancer.boards.ie ping statistics ---
    20 packets transmitted, 20 received, 0% packet loss, time 19021ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 2.838/3.366/4.923/0.521 ms

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

It's a good service, the house I'm currently renting with a couple of others has it and it is stable and consistent for over a year now never had a problem, the below are typical, have done these at all times of day and night and always get similar results.

854591333.png

19158460.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

It's a good service, the house I'm currently renting with a couple of others has it and it is stable and consistent for over a year now never had a problem, the below are typical, have done these at all times of day and night and always get similar results.

854591333.png

19158460.png

they told me it was available , took my order then after a few hours cancelled it and tried to flog me wimax, i said no thanks. they said problems with line of sight for meto get breeze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

ingen wrote: »
    they told me it was available , took my order then after a few hours cancelled it and tried to flog me wimax, i said no thanks. they said problems with line of sight for meto get breeze

Yup...line of sight. Trees, chimneys, a fly buzzing around etc. Pretty much everything seems to interfere with it.

You really need a tall house, and absolutely no obstructions between the dish and the tower, which I imaging cuts the number of eligible users down to very little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

I used to have one in my old apartment [2 story building in ranelagh] and cannot say a word against it, i'm currently trying to convince my housemates to go for it in the new place,

Advertisement