Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childrens Parties

Options
  • 21-06-2010 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey All, Can I get your opinions on something? :confused: If you had children & were working parents would you get someone in to do the decorating, catering & cleaning up of their party. This is for something different other than just getting that old faithful bouncy castle or taking them to the same childrens venu where they offer the same ol chick nugs & chips.

Comments

No, I would consider that knob ish in the extreme. Also should I ever have kids I would consider all the hard graft as part of the present, paying someone to do it isn't the same imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

If I won the lotto maybe but otherwise it sounds like a complete waste of money. The cost of the cake/presents/food is enough at it is! but I find it so much fun to do it myself (including the banners, balloons, etc but not the cake).

We are having a party this week for a 4 year old and are planning a bbq providing the weather is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I cant say I have any kids but plenty of nephews..I think tis madness the amount of money people spend on kids parties sure all they need is a bit of fun and games and nibbles nothing major..Their Kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I agree with all the replies so far, you see some parents spending a mad amount of money on a party just for a bunch of children. Remember that really expensive toy you bought them and they spent more time playing with the box? Well it'll be the same with an expensive party.

I'm amazed that a bouncy castle is considered to be "that old faithful"....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I know one of my pals last year spent nearly €400 going to one of these Monkey Mazes or places like that. That was just to play on some slides and a ball pool. They got a plate of chips and nuggets/sausages (small plate). If you wanted a cake it was extra and all the cake was swiss roll or along those lines..Crazyness

• Advertisement
Advertisement