Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it hard to lose post pregnancy weight?

Options
  • 21-06-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

i'm 27 5.3ft and about 10.1 stone. i want start trying for a baby in the next month or so but kinda worried bout the weight situation. would it be silly to get pregnant at this weight should i lose some weight first? this will be my first baby so im not so sure would this extra weight i have at the moment cause me problems during pregnancy or after pregnancy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You had best ask your dr, the healthier you are before the pregnancy the better it is for you and the better your chances at conception and a healthy pregnancy, so check with your dr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

You know you really don't have much extra weight at all. In terms of BMI you're what..... a couple of lbs over the healthy range? If at all? You're the same weight I was at the start of both pregnancies and there were no problems with that. I did put on a "lot" of weight esp with the second one but that had to do with eating like a piggy rather than my weight at the outset :o but I lost it relatively easily afterwards. As Thaed says... consult a doc if in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

thanks for ye'r replys! i will try and lose a few pounds over the next month or so

Advertisement