Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement Tube Size

• 21-06-2010 4:41pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so i got a flat tyre on my bike recently (1st in over a year) and i need to get a new tube. I got a repair kit to fix it, but its pretty badly shredded. Is there any way to tell what size tube i need, without having the old one with me (i'm in work atm)?

Its a Hybrid bike, and i'm pretty sure its an XL frame (judging by the big XL letters stuck to it).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Frame size shouldn't make any diff. If it's a hybrid then it should be 700x35c or possibly thinner depending if it's more of a racing hybrid. One sure way of checking is that the sizing will be written on the side wall of the tyre but I guess if you're in work with the bike at home then that won't help. If there anyone at home you can ring to check the tyre and pick up a tube from the lbs on your way home?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No one at home atm, so i may just get the 700x35c tube and see when i get home. How much should a tube cost me?

Its just i kind of need it for tonight, otherwise i'm running to UCD :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

A tube shouldn't be any more than about 5 or 6 euro to buy off the shelf. Usually they're about 10 euro fitted in most LBSs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bah, i think i got the wrong one. The 700x35c seems to be too big. Along the outside of the tyre is 26x1.5 (40/38-550) and along the old tube is 26x1.5/1.75. Should i ask for a 550x40c this time, or what should i be looking for? Only cost €5 so its not too bad.

Unfortunatly, its now time to start running :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

That's a mtb size tyre. Just ask for a 26" x 1.5 tube.

• Advertisement
Advertisement