Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sales person WPP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

I cant seem to get the link working but from what you've said that sounds very strange. I cannot possibly see how this could be anything other than exploitation due to recession.

9 Months is understandable for a highly skilled job, but for sales it sounds nonsense (obv i dont know the details, as i cant see the link).

I wouldnt even imagine a 9 month placement would do very well on a CV. certainly wouldn't get you more than the Entry level offers one would get without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Good old copy n paste

Back
    Menundplogo.gifeurologo.gif

Retrieve Job Details

Location = Limerick City Results : 122 Jobs Job 1 of 122 URL="http://jobbank.fas.ie/servlet/Watis?SESS=19530_6&REQUEST=WWW_JS_VAC_PREVIOUS_NEXT&ROW=NEXT!1"][COLOR=#0066cc]next[/COLOR][/URL URL="http://www.fas.ie/en/Job+Seeker/WPP/default.htm"][COLOR=#0066cc]WPP Eligibility[/COLOR][/URLtwitter.png Source: Employer / Job created on :- 20091215 / Job Updated on :- 20100429 Sales Associate - WPP2 (Dock Rd., Limerick)

Job Reference: JB528498Description:
    Area of activity: Working within the builders providers retail section, you will be involved in day to day selling, customer relations and stock control. Elements of experience offered: Sales and point of sale, merchandising, stock control, goods inward, systems implementation. Person specification: Person must be sales driven with a keen aptitude for delivering customer service. Third level qualification preferable but not essential. No. of Jobs:1Contract type: Other / Full TimeDays per week: -Hours per week: 35Daily Hours: -Start date: To be advised End date: 9 months from start Requirements"This is a work placement programme and does not offer a salary."Location : Dock RoadDisplay Until:30/06/2010Other Information, Interview Arrangements or contact person for this vacancyPlease Note: Contact arrangements must be followed exactly as stated by the employer as they are the preferred method of contact for this job.You must be registered with FÁS before you apply for this Work Placement. Contact : Email bpower@jmcmahon.comEmployer:The Employer has requested that interested candidates follow the instructions under the 'Other Information' section or Use the [Apply] link if available Job 1 of 122 URL="http://jobbank.fas.ie/servlet/Watis?SESS=19530_6&REQUEST=WWW_JS_VAC_PREVIOUS_NEXT&ROW=NEXT!1"][COLOR=#0066cc]next[/COLOR][/URL URL="http://www.fas.ie/en/Job+Seeker/WPP/default.htm"][COLOR=#0066cc]WPP Eligibility[/COLOR][/URLtwitter.png

Go in to Fas.ie and jobseek in the Limerick city section theres a load of salesmen roles there as part of a WPP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

To be honest I was looking around the Dublin north section of the FAS website and I was a bit surprised too at the number of WPP jobs that were looking for people with quite a bit of specific experience (not in sales necessarily). Personally I think the whole idea is a complete joke.

• Advertisement

A friend of a friend is doing one at the moment on a farm shovelling cow dung and baling hay or stuff like that, The farmer gives him 20 euro in to his hand every week, all in all he gets 216:30 a week. He reckons he had to do it because he was offered it by FAS and the welfare knew and told him if he didn't take it they'd have to cut him off the brew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Thats rediculous! How can they exploit people!

I know the social would cut you off if you didn't take it but basically they are expecting people to work full time for less than minimum wage.

sure they had posters to join the british army in the welfare office in limerick a short while back, got removed. i dont know its just the boys at the top want cheap labour back. your right though its plain exploitation.

Advertisement