Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOUNTING AFTERMATH

• 21-06-2010 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I think it's safe to say I failed. We hadn't anything prepared for section c :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shrimpsurs

yeh , was some dirty paper. I have no idea where they were going with sole trader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 karen-xxxxx

Beautiful paper :D Just part c of eight was a bit tricky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

Absolutely shocking paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

Well i definitely failed that one, was expecting a company account and a club account and then either marginal costing or flexible budgeting... Ah well, i'm finished now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ThePower180

Horrible!!

I couldn't even do Section C!... Definite fail!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

:confused:

I loved that paper! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mark.oc

I was really happy with that. The costing was total piss. Glad to see suspense and service firm too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

apparently there is major trouble with that paper. Loads of papers weren't printed properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Please god they'll mark her easier

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jreanor

Section 3 was an absolute disaster and I found out afterwards that the depreciation question was reducing balance not cost.

I was aiming for an A. But I'll be lucky if I get a C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

mark.oc wrote: »
    I was really happy with that. The costing was total piss. Glad to see suspense and service firm too.

What did you get for Q.8 (c)ii I got 9600 overabsorbed iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

That service firm was shocking,why would you put long depreciation in a ****ing service firm?Especially one that would be difficult on a Q1.And how the hell would you know if they should increase their client's fees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

BULL****

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Difficult does not describe that paper! Non of the prediction in section C came up! That service frim:mad: Why oh why, would their be that much adjustments on fixed assets???? I don't think it will have been the best answered paper by students...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Aisling x

:(
    that was not fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 karen-xxxxx

I thought the service a/c was lovely :O

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eluminous

Was SO relieved when I saw i didn't have to do interpretation, though the service was a bitch.

Massive shock @ section 3. No marginal OR master budgets. Accounting had it's own boland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hughdini

absorption 2 years in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

It was alright.

Our accounting teacher, who is absolutely fantastic, and is over the attendants so is there every day and does the maths/accounting/business papers when they're on at the time.

She said it was a very hard paper, and very very long. Q1 was long, as was the service firm.

Section 3 Q8 was grand, once you know the basics it was fine.

Can't believe they repeated Cash Budgeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 colddesert

awful! we had never done anything in section 3! 80 marks down the drain!
    no chance at an A now so mad! :mad:

• Advertisement

What did you get for Q.8 (c)ii I got 9600 overabsorbed iirc
    I listed the absorption differences in terms of €/hr.

Also, EuropeanSon, when you get here and read this, will you post your answers? We need some right answers for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Eluminous wrote: »
    Was SO relieved when I saw i didn't have to do interpretation, though the service was a bitch.

Massive shock @ section 3. No marginal OR master budgets. Accounting had it's own boland.

Worse than Boland, at least all the other predictions came up in English. However the Cash Budget was lovely!

Also in the 60markers the depreciation question, using the diminishing balance method?? Tis been awhile since that was up.

In susupense the 1st and 5th adjustments haven't been up for awhile either. I got them, but I think they were last on either early or mid nineties!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bleh!

They did it again with sole trader, what a heartbreaker :mad: Section 3 was a mess and the rest was fiiiiiineeeeeee:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gaga OhLaLa

I listed the absorption differences in terms of €/hr.

So did I.... I didnt really know what i was meant to be doing with that part c though

I did like that paper..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Did anyone do the Pass?

Was disapointed no Cash Budgeting, always a handy 80 marks for knowing nothing, but as expected didn't come up!That said , thought it was a grand paper, hoping for a C/B!
    One more exam left :D

So did I.... I didnt really know what i was meant to be doing with that part c though
    I don't think you really needed to know what you were doing for that question. It was just a long question covering really basic stuff.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    She said it was a very hard paper, and very very long. Q1 was long, as was the service firm.
    Very very true. I ended up spending longer on the service firm than on Q.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

thought section 1 was easy,the service firm was a real kick in the stones took a lot of time off mw for suspense,and section 3 was a shock (felt very lucky that i did budgets last night)...i think that it balances just in favour as tough imo.

anyone else get 54253 for part 1 on credit ledger control and 4054 on part 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Xtina!!

Can they penalise you twice for a mistake in accounting??? For example, if you made a mistake in the vehicles account so your loss/profit on disposal, dep in PandL, and final figure and dep figure in BS were wrong, do they penalise you for each part??? So could I still get full marks in the BS etc...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gaga OhLaLa

It was just a long question covering really basic stuff.

Yeah that put me off at the start.. i was expecting something tricky

Advertisement