Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOUNTING AFTERMATH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

I thought it was a horrible paper:mad: way too long and I hadn't prepared section C at all, I was hopin to get an A but now i'd be delighted with a B.

what was the error on the paper? We wernt told about any

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

WHY WOULD A NURSING HOME HAVE A SHOP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 markanthonythom

what was the balancing figure for the sole traider nd the service firm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Absolute joke. Sole trader was difficult, service firms was tough too and my entire class had never been taught anything that came up in section C:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mark.oc

what was the balancing figure for the sole traider nd the service firm?
    I got €1,086,980 and €919,180. Haven't a clue if they're right though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 colddesert

anyone get 1090180 for the balance in the sole trader

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

****e exam, awful, didn't even get the first part of section C done, but I got all the theory, and I did get my suspense to balance. I will be happy with a B after that bollocks exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 8888

it was just a bit strange but i suppose every year they have new little things up? how many marks do you think was going for question8 part c? and yes service firm was sooo long, it meant i didn't really have alot of time to go back over my questions after, they kinda had a bit of everything thrown in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 markanthonythom

mark.oc wrote: »
    i got that same srvice figure but my sole traider is different (nd pronb wrong)... 1,091,080 euro

I hope the section C part 3 is worth a lot, because I actually knew it for once. Can someone explain what they did for the advertising adjustment for the Sole Trader, I think my method was off..... by a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I listed the absorption differences in terms of €/hr.

Also, EuropeanSon, when you get here and read this, will you post your answers? We need some right answers for reference.
    Nice to be thought of. I thought that was a nasty bitch of a paper, the first accounting exam I ever needed full time on. No guarantees these were correct, but they did all balance, so hopefully...

Q1. Capital Employed 1089180
    Q6. Capital Employed 919180
    Q7. Capital Employed 831160
    Q9. Net Profit 280820

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 clairebearxx

i got 1089180 for sole trader, 919180 for service and 831160 for suspense..does anything happen if you dont write the calculator down? think i forgot!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mark.oc

Ashashi wrote: »
    I hope the section C part 3 is worth a lot, because I actually knew it for once. Can someone explain what they did for the advertising adjustment for the Sole Trader, I think my method was off..... by a lot.
    For 2009 (ie. P&L): 2400 x 3/24 = 300.
    Prepaid (ie. Balance sheet): 2400 x 21/24 = 2100.

As usual, caveat emptor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

Section 1 was ok Section 2 was ok.

Sections 3 was horrible in every way. Where the hell was the marginal costing/flexible budgeting?!

For 2009 (ie. P&L): 2400 x 3/24 = 300.
    Prepaid (ie. Balance sheet): 2400 x 21/24 = 2100.

As usual, caveat emptor.

Yeah I did that wrong then. I divided 2400 by 3, and then multiplied it by 24.

@EuropeanSon, I got that balance for Suspense. Thank God.

i got 1089180 for sole trader, 919180 for service and 831160 for suspense..does anything happen if you dont write the calculator down? think i forgot!
    Those all agree with mine. If you got the numbers right they won't mark you down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Xtina!!

Xtina!! wrote: »
    Can they penalise you twice for a mistake in accounting??? For example, if you made a mistake in the vehicles account so your loss/profit on disposal, dep in PandL, and final figure and dep figure in BS were wrong, do they penalise you for each part??? So could I still get full marks in the BS etc...:confused:

Anyone any idea???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Does anyone have an answer for 8(c)ii? Had to have a guess at the exact method of working it out but I think I had the right answer

Anyone any idea???
    They can, but this won't be marked hard, so I doubt they will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 colddesert

1: 1090180
    6: 919180
    7: 831200

anyone get those

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bluemooner

my sweet baby flexible nor my marginal came up. whoever designed that paper is a grade A arsewipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

Anyone any idea???

They'll mark you down once but will carry through your figure to see if you got they rest right, they'll give you the marks if you did, but for the final figure they may or may not accept your wrong one, they might only take the complete right on , depending on the marking scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 clairebearxx

Those all agree with mine. If you got the numbers right they won't mark you down.

:D thats good! s**t so if i made a calculator error i'l lose more than normal without d calculator?:( thats not good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Nice to be thought of. I thought that was a nasty bitch of a paper, the first accounting exam I ever needed full time on. No guarantees these were correct, but they did all balance, so hopefully...

Q1. Capital Employed 1089180
    Q6. Capital Employed 919180
    Q7. Capital Employed 831160
    Q9. Net Profit 280820

Major congrats if you managed to get an A1 in that paper, and this goes to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gaga OhLaLa

I got 919180 for service too...

Anybody get 832060/832000 (I cant read my writing) for suspense?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I think I was all in and around the figures being said, but don't know if I've hit them dead on. They certainly seem familiar though!

However, I didn't match any answers on any questions so obviously didn't get them right. Off by a whisker it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

I thought that was a grand, Q5 was easy and cash budget Q9 was grand. Sole trader is the easiest of them all on Q1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bobbyrae

has q8 (c) ever came up? a and b were simple im hoping the give hardly any marks for (c) cause i think i got zero! got the same balancing figure for suspense (831160) and for sole trader got (1088380 on the top and 1085680 on the bottom!) i just saw there that i did advertising wrong i put it over 12 months instead of 24! :S for service i didnt balance but got 952180 on the top! for 8 (a) (i) got 24100 and for (ii) got 47900 ..8 (b) got 26818.75
    did anyone else get these ?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

Anyone care to explain what the error that has the piece of **** SEC in chaos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Acc Rex

What is the answer for the supense theory? Error of omission/principle/commission etc aren't the answers.
    Also how do you treat the dishonoured cheque in service firm? I entered it as a bad debt in P & L, and added it to bank overdraft

Advertisement