Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOUNTING AFTERMATH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 markanthonythom

bobbyrae wrote: »
    has q8 (c) ever came up? a and b were simple im hoping the give hardly any marks for (c) cause i think i got zero! got the same balancing figure for suspense (831160) and for sole trader got (1088380 on the top and 1085680 on the bottom!) i just saw there that i did advertising wrong i put it over 12 months instead of 24! :S for service i didnt balance but got 952180 on the top! for 8 (a) (i) got 24100 and for (ii) got 47900 ..8 (b) got 26818.75
    did anyone else get these ?
    i got ur Q8 answers... nd the rest r posted up already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

i got ur Q8 answers... nd the rest r posted up already

What was your answer for Q.8(c)ii?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Acc Rex wrote: »
    What is the answer for the supense theory? Error of omission/principle/commission etc aren't the answers.
    Also how do you treat the dishonoured cheque in service firm? I entered it as a bad debt in P & L, and added it to bank overdraft
    I couldn't remember so for one I said non-compensating errors. I reckoned it was worth a gamble;) could be wrong though too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Q1 and Q7 worked out.
    Q6 I was out but not by much.
    Q9 I did the workings all out right but forgot to put the discount into the P and L! It's in the workings though.

Hoping for an A!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Can't remember what I got in any of them but I know my suspense was 300 off balancing, my service firm was about 70000 off and my sole trader was 15000 off. I can't see why anyone can complain with section one and two because everyone said that suspense and club/service were odds on to come up and they did. They had to male them hard questions considering they are two of the easier topics in section 2. Really wanted and needed an A1 in that but after getting none of them to balance and leaving out the very last part of the service firm question I can't see it happening unfortunately. The cash budget that came up was lovely though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 8888

What is the answer for the supense theory? Error of omission/principle/commission etc aren't the answers.
    Also how do you treat the dishonoured cheque in service firm? I entered it as a bad debt in P & L, and added it to bank overdraft

what? error of omission/principle/commission wasn't the answers? oh god this just gets worse and worse, was looking for the A1 in that, oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

I think I got an NG and I'm afraid they won't ever let me count the money now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Error of first entry was one of them think I just through some sorta ****e down for the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

Oh, when did you get the marking scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Acc Rex

8888 wrote: »
    what? error of omission/principle/commission wasn't the answers? oh god this just gets worse and worse, was looking for the A1 in that, oh well!

yep it was confusing..control account theory was strange too

• Advertisement

Yes they were the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Ashashi wrote: »
    Oh, when did you get the marking scheme?
    He's right though, they weren't. It said "errors that affect the balancing of a Trial Balance" and none of those do.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Yes they were the answer.
    I wrote down an example of each as well, just to be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Did anyone else do Q.8?? Any chance of an answer for (c)ii?

Well they do affect the trial balance because the figures are wrong in the TB. That's my line and I'm sticking to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bobbyrae

Did anyone else do Q.8?? Any chance of an answer for (c)ii?

sorry i got all (c) wrong i think! has it ever came up cause i checked the exam papers and i havent seen it! (just c)

Well they do affect the trial balance because the figures are wrong in the TB. That's my line and I'm sticking to it :D
    Denial isn't worth any marks I'm afraid.:P
    They don't stop it balancing, so they were wrong.

Denial isn't worth any marks I'm afraid.:P
    They don't stop it balancing, so they were wrong.

I know :(

Do you know what the answer is?

I know :(

Do you know what the answer is?
    Error of original entry is one, I'm not sure of the others. I just said calculation errors, and something else which I've forgotten. Nasty bit of a question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

The cash flow and control in 60 mark section were piss easy! I never got why people do question 1.

• Advertisement

The cash flow and control in 60 mark section were piss easy! I never got why people do question 1.
    Less study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 newbridge23

Was der any closing stock in de cash budgetin question?????

• Registered Users Posts: 33 flamboosh

Anyone else in one of the 16 schools that got the f*cked-up paper, or just me? :mad:

Apparantly 1,2,3,4,2,3,4,9,9 is a proper sequence of questions, if my paper was to be believed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12 leavingcert 2010

service firm was disgusting

and also sole trader wasnt too nice either

why are all the exams so hard this year

i studied loads for accounting, also even if u did all the exam papers for accounting, u still wouldnt be able to get that sole trader and service firm right(well it didnt help me anyway)

service firm was disgusting

and also sole trader wasnt too nice either

why are all the exams so hard this year

i studied loads for accounting, also even if u did all the exam papers for accounting, u still wouldnt be able to get that sole trader and service firm right(well it didnt help me anyway)

Same with me, the Service was easier than the Sole, but still tough. I was getting negative depreciation for Service, and for a second I was like

"Can you make a profit from depreciation....." :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I bet they'll change the suspense theory marking scheme, a lot will have gone for the Error of Ommision etc. and it can be easily argued that while both Trial Balances are THE SAME it does still however affect the Trial Balance because it is INCORRECT......

.....hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭LutherBlissett

Is it true that some schools received exam papers which were flawed?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

What a shambles!

The amount of people in my exam hall completely freaking out when they realised that we had no Q5, 6, 7 or 8 was ridiculous! The exam commission is an absolute disgrace. Loads of people were depending on a good result on this and were thrown by the shambles of having to get the extra questions printed.

Saying that, it wasn't a bad paper at all. Pretty sure I did rather pleasantly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Is it true that some schools received exam papers which were flawed?

yes. There were a few questions missing in 16 schools in dublin. The full set of questions were then emailed / faxed to the schools by the SEC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 leavingcert 2010

Ashashi wrote: »
    Same with me, the Service was easier than the Sole, but still tough. I was getting negative depreciation for Service, and for a second I was like

"Can you make a profit from depreciation....." :pac:

yeah those bloody mini vans, i kept getting minus, really anoying

and i was getting A1s the whole year,

sole trader was off by 850

and my service was off by 20000(minivans :D )

at least i got the cash budgeting right :cool:

Advertisement