Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOUNTING AFTERMATH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭LutherBlissett

Wow!

I presume the missing questions arrived at the schools before the exam begun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

There was only 1 mini bus. It was worth 50,000. The Accumulated Dep was 30,000. So it was worth 20,000.

You get depreciation off that for 6 months and depreciation off the new mini bus worth 42,000 for 6 months and add them together.

I think that's what you do anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Wow!

I presume the missing questions arrived at the schools before the exam begun?

No.

They didn't know until we opened the papers and we hit up a ****storm.

Took like 20 minutes to get in the extra questions.

Was an absolute disgrace. I think I did grand to be honest but some people were completely thrown.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

SantryRed wrote: »
    There was only 1 mini bus. It was worth 50,000. The Accumulated Dep was 30,000. So it was worth 20,000.

You get depreciation off that for 6 months and depreciation off the new mini bus worth 42,000 for 6 months and add them together.

I think that's what you do anyways :)

There were 2 mini buses, there was one in the expenditure account, if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

Ashashi wrote: »
    Same with me, the Service was easier than the Sole, but still tough. I was getting negative depreciation for Service, and for a second I was like

"Can you make a profit from depreciation....." :pac:

Can anyone else vouch for this too? I was ending up with negative depreciation too... I was thinking that couldn't be right and just went with a different number...

• Advertisement

Ashashi wrote: »
    There were 2 mini buses, there was one in the expenditure account, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, that one was the new mini bus replacing the one worth 50,000 at the top of the Question. So at no time did they have two minibuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Sorry to ask again-but does anyone have an answer for Q.8(c)ii?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

I think I got a loss of 8000 on the mini van, it was worth 15000 after depreciation and they received an allowance of 7000 so they lost 8000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

Stryderman wrote: »
    I think I got a loss of 8000 on the mini van, it was worth 15000 after depreciation and they received an allowance of 7000 so they lost 8000?

Same here! I chucked it in as an expense, still didn't balance though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CosmicLove

I was in one of the schools that got the dodgy paapers.
    Didn't get the proper papaer until 20 to 3.
    Got 15mins at the end, but didnt get q9 finished :(

Still our exam co-ordinator said it'll be taken into account in the marking scheme :D

• Advertisement

I had this.

That makes sense Santry, didn't take the allowance away from 42,000. I got the loss and all, but added on an extra 35,000, crap, it would have balanced then, was off by a number similar for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Mine did but i still think I made a few mistakes! I didnt write down what I got at the end but i know i had a profit of 1600 on the shop, and reserves of 233800 for part (a)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bobbyrae

yes i got that too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dublin4Life

The Accounting paper was so ****ing hard................ L0L jk I went to the IOE

I love our teachers they told us the SEC and a surprise in store and they had us well prepared

The Accounting paper was so ****ing hard................ L0L jk I went to the IOE

I love our teachers they told us the SEC and a surprise in store and they had us well prepared

why bother commenting that!

Mine did but i still think I made a few mistakes! I didnt write down what I got at the end but i know i had a profit of 1600 on the shop, and reserves of 233800 for part (a)

Same here again, it's looking hopeful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 clairebearxx

great what money can buy these days eh?

I'm very excited to see how you'll fare in college...

Your jokes are hilarious lol jk, nobody cares. Really? They did? They predicted Boland,oh and Clare Grealy's stair na Gaeilge's predictions were awful, as were her story ones.

What else, accounting, one guy predicted in grinds that Production would come up, and cash flow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I wonder where they got a hold of that info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Acc Rex

what was this surprise?

Just to let you know, statistics show that people who go to the institute/grind schools are the most likely to fail in college..we'll see you in the dole que!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

great what money can buy these days eh?

Literally LOLd..

Nothing against IoE.. Just it's fun to gang up on Grind schools, most people I've know to go to them fare off worse: Less money AND lower grades.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

shrimpsurs wrote: »
    yeh , was some dirty paper. I have no idea where they were going with sole trader.

But even with Company due, it and Sole Trader are so similar.. honestly I thought it would because they're making a pattern of not making a pattern if that makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 clairebearxx

Literally LOLd..

Nothing against IoE.. Just it's fun to gang up on Grind schools, most people I've know to go to them fare off worse: Less money AND lower grades.

:)

well said:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mad Scone

Ugh... still don't know how I feel about it! Part of thinks it was a complete DISASTER but I think that's cos of the shock of half my paper being missing!:confused:

Think I'm prob overreacting though and hopefully still got the A2!!! If not, I'm blaming the SEC!!! I wouldn't be so sore if I hadn't been relying on it to get me the 600!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

As usual, everyone bites when the troll lays the bait. C'mon guys, was this not just a little too obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Xtina!! wrote: »
    Anyone any idea???

i think they may penalise you for your final answer being wrong aswell but its not that many marks.once you do the rest of calcs right,u will get most of the marks

Could someone answer me this?

I really wanted an A1 in this. Got 89 in the mocks.

My Q1 worked out perfect.
    Same with Q7 and got one correct answer for theory.
    I'd say I got 3-4 workings wrong on the service firm a/c.
    And got everything right on Q9 bar forgetting to put in the discounts in the P+L?

Should I still be in line for the A1? Just wondering. Dying to get results :pac:

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mad Scone

Just heard someone from the ISSU on 98fm saying that they should take the mess with some of the papers into consideration with the marking scheme. Something came up in my newsfeed on FB about it too: http://issu.ie/?p=1130

There's hope for the A1 so!:D

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Could someone answer me this?

I really wanted an A1 in this. Got 89 in the mocks.

My Q1 worked out perfect.
    Same with Q7 and got one correct answer for theory.
    I'd say I got 3-4 workings wrong on the service firm a/c.
    And got everything right on Q9 bar forgetting to put in the discounts in the P+L?

Should I still be in line for the A1? Just wondering. Dying to get results :pac:

Thanks.

yes i defintly think so! i was going for one but didnt balance q1 or 6 ..got a few small things wrong im hoping only! did very bad in 8 c tho zero id say im hoping they give little marks for it! my A1 is out the window anyway! gutted cause i was really going for it!

Advertisement