Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paint

• 21-06-2010 5:24pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Whast the current recommendation on best spray paints to use, and where to get it. Need to give a spotting scope a simple enough paint job.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Ultra Flat paint. Krylon or similar brands are best. Im sure Ultra Flat found in a DIY store will also do you fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Yea any ultra flat paint is ok. The only thing is the stuff you buy in DIY stores dosen't generally come in tacticool colours ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i would not dismiss then :p just because they do not have military names you can normally pig up some useful alternatives, i know i've found some perfectly usable flat green brown and light brown in homebase, worth a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Same here. I bought some spray paint in B&Q with some fancy name like "Oxford Green", but it was really just OD :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

B&Q do loadsa cool flat grippy texture paints., they have pics of things like flowerpots on but you can use them for whatever you like,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Masada wrote: »
    B&Q do loadsa cool flat grippy texture paints., they have pics of things like flowerpots on but you can use them for whatever you like,

Don't lie now Richie, ya bought it for your flowerpots:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Ill take a look. If anyone has spare paint handy ill happliy part with cash for it. Just need to do the spotting scope in OD anything after that is a bonous.

drop into us and i'll give ya a can i have sitting in my shelf, its 2 3rds full and give a lovely flat grippy feel. :)

Thats sound Richie, would it suit to call in tomorrow after lunch?

Yep, Will be here until about 5:30ish so whenever is good,

• Advertisement

Thanks again, ill stick up a pic of how it turns out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I got some aul green sh#te in homebase the other day, its sh*te.

Must find out what B&Q have.

Advertisement