Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing Hurling during the Leaving Cert!!

• 21-06-2010 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

I played last night, cos my team had only 14 players :o ... A couple of lads had gone on holidays and all... I knew it was a massive risk and I was very lucky, I have a swollen right hand and two large cuts just above my knuckles on my right hand (the hand I write with) LUCKY it wasn't an inch lower or I'd be F*****d for Construction and Technology, I was just wondering has anyone played Hurling or anyn sport for that matter during the Leaving Cert?? Get injured??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

double GG wrote: »
    I played last night, cos my team had only 14 players :o ... A couple of lads had gone on holidays and all... I knew it was a massive risk and I was very lucky, I have a swollen right hand and two large cuts just above my knuckles on my right hand (the hand I write with) LUCKY it wasn't an inch lower or I'd be F*****d for Construction and Technology, I was just wondering has anyone played Hurling or anyn sport for that matter during the Leaving Cert?? Get injured??
    Only the Junior Cert but I had a Friday off before the last test - TG. Shattered my shoulder playing soccer...didn't do the test!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I didn't as much as train for the week before the exam in case something like this happened... of course I'm living in Cavan so i don't play hurling but there wouldn't have been a hope of me touching a hurl if I did play hurling...

even as much as a sprained wrist would have had me in serious bother for english and irish especially like...

i have the next 15 years to play football - 3 weeks off won't kill me.... in fairness any games that can be called off should be at this time of year - just for the 2-3 weeks of the exams.. minor games and junior matches especially because most leaving cert students are involved in these teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

I still practiced and went to music lessons during the whole thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 sarahisdeadly

One of my friends played football the weekend before it started and broke her arm.
    Thank god it was her left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

My parents banned me from football since May :( I am the clumseyest person ever so it was probably just as well! I cant waiiit to go back on Friday, but sadly Ive lost all my fitness :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

ajjmk wrote: »
    My parents banned me from football since May :( I am the clumseyest person ever so it was probably just as well! I cant waiiit to go back on Friday, but sadly Ive lost all my fitness :(

i used to be able to run laps and laps - then i started to miss the odd training because of the leaving cert.. missed the past 3-4 weeks now i'm gonna be dead after a 1 lap warm up jog by now i'd say :rolleyes::rolleyes: before i quit right before the leaving i was barely fit to run 4 laps sur

this leaving cert is seriously detrimental to your health and fitness...:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

johnmcdnl wrote: »

this leaving cert is seriously detrimental to your health and fitness...:pac::pac::pac:

Hear hear!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

double GG wrote: »
    I played last night, cos my team had only 14 players :o ... A couple of lads had gone on holidays and all... I knew it was a massive risk and I was very lucky, I have a swollen right hand and two large cuts just above my knuckles on my right hand (the hand I write with) LUCKY it wasn't an inch lower or I'd be F*****d

YOU ARE A HERO

Advertisement