Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Push up bars

Options
  • 21-06-2010 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I could buy push up bars in Galway?

Or better yet a "door gym" that attaches to a door way for pull ups and can be used on the ground for push ups?

Non extortionately overpriced recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

At first I read "push up bras" - and was going to send you to Anthony Ryans ;-)

I *think* I saw those bars in the Argos catalog - dunno how good they would be, though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

You'd think I'd have checked the obvious first, but I did not. Shame on me.

Yes both chin up door frame and push up bars are available in Argos at decent prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Assuming you mean a pull up or a chin up bar, try this. I ordered one two years ago and I use it regularly. As well as using it for chin ups you can also put it on the ground and use it for press ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Argos has loads of cheap gym equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Elverys in the Liosbaun estate has what your looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 frogwestside

argos around 20 quid well worth it, ya can untighten when u want and put it down for sit ups aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

In my experience the Argos stuff really isn't worth it. You're much better off paying a bit more for something that's much higher quality and going to last you much longer. Unless of course you're planning to stop using the chin up bar after a couple of weeks ;).

Advertisement