Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking in the UK

Options
  • 21-06-2010 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

I have just moved to the UK, and i'm looking to set up a bank account.

I have plenty of savings, just got here this week and looking to set up a bank account asap.

The only problem I see is that I am in the process of sitting interviews and job seeking. I will not be able to provide details of employment until I find a job obviously.

I am desperate to set up an account in order to lodge money and pay rent etc...

Is it possible to set up an account in the UK if you are not working at the minute??

any advice would be appreciated greatly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

To get you started try the Nationwide Flex account. It is geared at people with no credit history and until you start working it may be of use. The only disadvantage is that to start with you can only get a cashcard (no chip and pin) but if that is a problem get one of the prepaid visa cards, they can be topped up in most newsagents. You can use it for any direct debits and the online site is dead simple to use.

Good luck with the move and the job hunt :D

Advertisement