Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nationwide now

Options
  • 21-06-2010 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

On now, appears to be all about Waterford tonight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

You bet me too it :D Over 1000 people went for the jobs in visitors centre .Enough said. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Waterford...on Nationwide...

...never!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Isnt it quite apt their now talking about graves, O keeffes monumental works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

decies wrote: »
    Isnt it quite apt their now talking about graves, O keeffes monumental works.

Followed on by a photo-book of closed businesses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

That patronising git outside Reginald's tower again, spewing homely nonsense about the quaint life of the local peasantry. Give me a break.

I suppose he was outside Waterford Crystal this time, bigging up the village industry, interviewing a few illiterate children with no shoes and a wheezing chimney sweep, asking what they make of the moneyed yanks going in and out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

merlante wrote: »
    That patronising git outside Reginald's tower again, spewing homely nonsense about the quaint life of the local peasantry. Give me a break.

I suppose he was outside Waterford Crystal this time, bigging up the village industry, interviewing a few illiterate children with no shoes and a wheezing chimney sweep, asking what they make of the moneyed yanks going in and out.

Typical Waterford begrudgery :rolleyes:. If we are not on the tv, they are all against us; if we do appear, they are taking the mick outta us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Typical Waterford begrudgery :rolleyes:. If we are not on the tv, they are all against us; if we do appear, they are taking the mick outta us!

Hmm... no, this is just pulling the piss out of Nationwide, which depicts the 'regions' as pre-famine hamlets full of quaint leprechaun-like people. That's my opinion anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Shure are'nt we all jhust simple folk outside de Pale, ta be shure, ta be shure. TBH Nationwide is just a bit of fluff for the older generation after the news... chewing gum for the eyes so to speak. I would not consider it to be patronising in anyway. It just fills a niche in the RTE schedule. Not that I have ever sat down & watched a complete episode. Last time I looked I believe Waterford is not at the cutting edge of anything. And that not necessarily a bad thing. The pace of life is relaxing. Who needs to be whizzing around when in 10mins you can be isolated on a beach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Another programme about Waterford - the Waterford Harbour era generally including The Island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

It would be great to see Waterford Castle make the 5* rating and good to see all the houses have been upgraded.

Advertisement