Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging Tenant for Bills before moving out

Options
  • 21-06-2010 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hey guys

Can someone help me out please. I've charged my tenant pro rata for bills as she moved out mid month. I used the last bills as a guideline to calculate what to charge. She's arguing i can't do this as it was colder in april/may than it is now and i'm overcharging her. I'm new to all this so i'm wondering what happens. Btw the apt is owner occupied and she is the only tenant.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

shes right you cant do that. you should ahve called the esb, bord gais etc and got them to issue a bill or taken meter readings and calculated from that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Why not just take like a 100/150 euro deposit for esb etc bills and then the last bill comes out of that and the remainder is refunded. Then each month when the bill arrives you can calculate easily.

Advertisement